Thread: Anyone using UPR power pipe?

SCH Member

Anyone using UPR power pipe?

I think the stumbling problem Ive been having is due to a leak between the MAF meter and the supercharger. I've been looking at andersons power pipe but they want an arm and a leg for it. I came across this one from UPR and was just looking for some input from anyone that may be running it.

http://www.uprproducts.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=556

SCH Moderator "SN Guru" speedytang's Avatar
    I see it went back up in price. It was $99.95 and I have seen many cars at FFW running it and at least its lite not like my Dallas Mustang unit. If you do a search I did see some say something negative about the BOV location but the Dallas Mustang and the Anderson unit seems to be in the same spot.

SCH Member
    I bought one intending to use it. I liked the idea that it shouldn't contribute to heating the intake charge. The quality looked good on all the pieces and it's light too. For the bypass valve inlet, it's about 3/4 inch OD and basically points down to the ground. Since I'm running a Mondo valve, I would have had to modify the pipe with a short piece of aluminum tube welded to a flange and then pop rivet that to the side of the pipe or somthing like that. Then I was worried about the rivets going through the blower if they ever came loose. I ended up just selling it on ebay and getting a complete Power bypass kit from Anderson. It's a nice setup.

I can't see why UPR hasn't made another pipe with a bigger bypass inlet where Anderson's is located. I'm sure costs of the mold would be a reason, but they should consider it IMHO.

Junior SCH Member
    :teeth: Installed one on mine.Don,t have any problems with it.Got a extra 2 lbs of boost last fall in cool weather with it.Just my 2 cents

Junior SCH Member
    Just installed mine SN95.. All good but the plastic fender liner is an average fit now. the Bypass fitting location i thought was ok.. Its tucked away and not seen.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I have one on my 92 with S-trim. Seems to work good but I have nothing to compare with. It does require a bit of tweaking to plumb the bypass and it does scratch very easily so ensure you put some rubber tubing (or something) around the opening to the fenderwell.
    Jason

92 Notch w/ S-trim (6.87/2.95), 04 PMS, UPR pipe, WMS w/b, GT-40Y heads, Cobra manifold, B303, 1.6 stud r/r, 65mm TB, 80mm Pro-M, 42# injectors, FRPP balancer, FRPP aluminum rad, FRPP blue hose kit, Ramcharger fan, Edelbrock w/p, Canton 7qt pan, MAC 1 5/8" shorties, MAC catted H-pipe, Flowmaster cat back, MAC springs, Tokico HPs, MM c/c plates, Steeda X2s, MM adj. rears, Cobra brakes, 17" Cobra R's, 3.55 gears, aluminum d/s, Hurst, Cobra clutch, Kenny Brown subs + K-brace, Ultra-lites, MSD 6AL, GSS340-255lph intank.

SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gtcoupeaust
    Just installed mine SN95.. All good but the plastic fender liner is an average fit now. the Bypass fitting location i thought was ok.. Its tucked away and not seen.
    Good looking install.

92stanglx
    Quote Originally Posted by gtcoupeaust
    How much more boost did you see?

Junior SCH Member
    I believe an extra 2 psi.. but prob is i did the intake, tb, injectors, maf, powerpipe all at the same time so all those items may have contributed.. i was seeing 6 psi before.