Thread: P-1SC noises

Junior SCH Member

Smile P-1SC noises

Hi, New to this site. I installed a P-1SC on a f-150 5.4 2003 It took three race shops and about 2700 bills to get it to run correct. I have yet been able to tell if it runs correct. It sure makes a lot of rattles along with the wissle. The rattle appears to be comming from the tensioner arm but may actually be comimg from the supercharger. Since I have never heard another one on any vehicle I do not know. I have heard a Vortech and a Whipple and a Eaton, NO Rattles just plain good strong wissle. I have checked the oil level and all connections, even double checked with the race shop that finally got it to work. Only problem is they had never heard one either. Any body know if this is familiar with Prochargers?

Junior SCH Member
    Prochargers are just noisey. They sound like a bad water pump. The rattle goes away around 1500rpm. It's normal, don't sweat it.

Did you get Dyno #s?
    '00 GT: Procharger P600B, SVT Focus Fuel Pump, MD Super Chip tuned by Wilson @ Dallas Mustang, Mac shifter, Long Tubes, Prochamber mid and dumped cat back. Accufab plenum, PP 75mm TB, FRPP 3:55s with support girdle, suspension, vertical doors, etc.
    P600B = 385rwhp/392rwtq

Junior SCH Member

Rattle in Procharger

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny00GT
    Prochargers are just noisey. They sound like a bad water pump. The rattle goes away around 1500rpm. It's normal, don't sweat it.

Did you get Dyno #s?
    Yes got the Dyno numbers. 357 HP at 4600rpm. That is from a chassie Dyno so I assume that means rear wheel HP. Thanks for the reply. Makes me feel better. I installed the whole thing in about four days, very careful to make sure everything was correct but for whatever reason the PC would accept the changes and it was a night mare to find someone that knew what they were doing. I put on traction bars this week end and the truck jumps of the line like a scalded dog. Almost scares the ^*#! out of me. It used to burn rubber when it shifted into secong but now just sticks to the pavement.

Junior SCH Member
    Sounds like a sweet truck! I'm going to have to do something with my wife's 4.6 Expedition one of these days!!
    '00 GT: Procharger P600B, SVT Focus Fuel Pump, MD Super Chip tuned by Wilson @ Dallas Mustang, Mac shifter, Long Tubes, Prochamber mid and dumped cat back. Accufab plenum, PP 75mm TB, FRPP 3:55s with support girdle, suspension, vertical doors, etc.
    P600B = 385rwhp/392rwtq

Junior SCH Member
    There is a big nut on in the middle of the tensioner. Make sure it is snug or the assembly can rattle. Mine did till I traced it to that.
    2000 F-150 4x4 4.6 to 5.4 swap, M5OD 5speed w/Modified Hurst short throw, Warn XD9000i, Troyer E-fans, P-1SC Procharger @15psi, Troyer tuned. ;)