Thread: New SuperCharger technology for Ford Mustang

Junior SCH Member

New SuperCharger technology for Ford Mustang

Does anybody know about this?

The rotrex and Antonov company have designed a new kind of supercharger with a much better outcome then al today superchargers.

Please read the articles below!! who can give me some reactions.

================================================== =================

Antonov PLC

01 December 2005

Antonov launches two-speed supercharger

The Board of Antonov plc is pleased to announce that it has today launched its

Antonov Mechanical Module ('AMM') two-speed supercharger at the eighteenth

Performance Racing Trade Show in Orlando, Florida.

The first of these supercharger units is now ready for shipment. In addition to

those units retained by the Company for its own on-going in-vehicle testing, the

first batch will include deliveries to its distribution partner, Wheel-to-Wheel

Tecstar. This will support Wheel-to-Wheel Tecstar's preparation of revised

installation kits for various vehicles within the significant US tuner market,

as previously announced. Additional units are being supplied on schedule to

Rotrex A/S to enable them to continue their supercharger development and in

order to complete the build of two demonstrator vehicles for press and client

demonstration.

The remainder of this initial batch of superchargers will be used to satisfy the

requests received by the Company from eight different vehicle manufacturers and

Tier 1 suppliers to purchase units for evaluation purposes.

John Moore, CEO of Antonov, commented:

'I am extremely pleased to be launching our two-speed supercharger today,

particularly as this ensures a strong approach to the considerable US tuner

market with its promise of healthy sales in the New Year. I am also very

encouraged by the robust and immediate response we have received from OEMs and

Tier 1 suppliers, three of whom have disclosed that the units will be used for

evaluation on diesel engines. I believe this underlines the success of Antonov's

strategy of launching the AMM into the market as a proven technology.'

The eighteenth Performance Racing Trade show is being held in Orlando, Florida,

between 1 and 3 December 2005. This is premier show in the USA for new

technology for the 2006 racing season, with 1,400 exhibitors displaying in

1,000,000 square feet of hall.

================================================== =================

We have scheduled two informal Q&A sessions on the 7th and 8th December at venues to be decided. At these meetings, we will make a short presentation on where we are and answer questions.
    We also plan to be ready to announce a date for the driving day. This will be the Supercharged Mustang which is being prepared by Wheel to Wheel, one of our US distributors. Due to the timing, we have decided to leave this in the States for January to use it for a round of press demonstrations in the States

================================================== ================

Website Antonov: http://www.antonov-transmission.com/supercharger.htm Se picture/drawing Rotrex supercharger with the Antonov AMM-module

Website Wheel-toWheel: http://www.w2wpowertrain.com

Website Rotrex: http://www.rotrex.eu.com

Website Performance Racing Trade Show in Orlando: http://www.performanceracing.com/content/?id=2820

Junior SCH Member

Cool

have seen these chargers used on the civic over here in the uk back to back results showed that they went slower with this charger than with the jackson racing eaton unit by nearly a second on the quarter

the rotrex units allso run through a intercooler wheres the jackson unit didnt and it stilll was quicker not a very proven unit if you ask me
    not in the uk anyway

i do love the twin ls1 kit looks cool
    jay

Junior SCH Member

Performance Racing Trade Show in Orlando

Jay.

I think it is imposible that you have seen a rotrex superchager with an Antonov step up drive (Rotrex in combine with Antonov AMM-module), beacause there is at this stage only a testing model on a Ford Mustang who is demonstrated at the "Performance Racing Trade Show in Orlando, Florida". (at 1 to 3 dec) As you can read in the press release.

I want to know what are the results of this demonstration who are held on this show with the Ford Mustang (demomstrating on this show).

Regards

Ron

Junior SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren2
    Jay.

I think it is imposible that you have seen a rotrex superchager with an Antonov step up drive (Rotrex in combine with Antonov AMM-module), beacause there is at this stage only a testing model on a Ford Mustang who is demonstrated at the "Performance Racing Trade Show in Orlando, Florida". (at 1 to 3 dec) As you can read in the press release.

I want to know what are the results of this demonstration who are held on this show with the Ford Mustang (demomstrating on this show).

Regards

Ron
    i have seen nomal rotrex driven chargers you are correct just checked it out
    jay

Junior SCH Member

New supercharger technology on Ford Mustang who demostrated at the: Performance Raci

Thaks Jay.

I hope you can inform me with the rusults ans hopely some pictures about this Ford Mustang who demostrated at the: Performance Racing Trade Show in Orlando, Florida". (at 1 to 3 dec).

Hope to hear from you.

Regards

Ron

Junior SCH Member
    Just my opinion but...at that rpm that's a lot of movin' parts in a small area taking a lot of load.

'bird