Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
vortech brackets - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: vortech brackets

Junior SCH Member
    I will buy it also if you find enough people. Thanks

SCH Member
    im sure i can get you the vortech brackets for alot less then $600..

Junior SCH Member
    you can sign me in for those brackets anytime.
    PS: does anyone know the part number for those vortech brackets?

Senior SCH Member
    Flyin let us know. Im going to just make my own design up over the winter. There is sucha demand and I wont pay $600 for one so I'll make my own if I cant get a set for a reasonable price and then sell them myself. But if you can get a set for us or me cheap id be game for a set up. Save me some grief on working one out.
    1990 GT Convertible

There is not a huge demand so be careful before investing your time.

Ian

Senior SCH Member
    I hear ya Ian. I know of 5 people just local to me interested. And I havent even tried to advertise it. Im looking to get a set up for me and help a few others out while the one batch is made.
    I just hear people all the time at races and shows lookin at my buddies piece from Vortech and they all ask where can they get one till they hear the price $600+. As you may know how long have I been asking you for a set up? I have been searching all the boards I go on to find your set up possibly used and You'd be amazed on the amount of people stating they want one where the people who showed pictures of theres. But I guess your experience was different as you might of been one of the first to come out with it. I have dabled a bit with fabricating parts and know what you mean I have some time invested in past projects and realize that some are talk. The way i see it is AFM Sells that belt tensioner for almost $100 and its junk it hardly fits any application and you still have that flexible plate that Vortech supplied you. Your set up gives a incredible tension system and the added stiffening. And it looks bad azz when polished on the car.
    Last edited by tstang; 12-09-2005 at 04:54 PM.
    1990 GT Convertible

I wish someone would make a thicker tensioner bracket. I have destroyed the two holes in mine by tightning the belt all the time with a 1/2" breaker bar and extension.
    Eric

1990 Mustang GT
    9.20 @151.18

Check out this forum for AOD's/C4's: Click Click Racing Forums
    My Homepage

Senior SCH Member
    Eric you could just take yours to a machine shop and have them remake you one in a thicker metal and your set. If you dont have the sources I do. I can talk to the few shops I deal with if you have an extra piece laying around that you can send me. Id be more than happy to mail one back to ya. It might be a bit tricky as yo may have to recess the pulley hole slightly so it still hits the belt properly email me and we can talk
    1990 GT Convertible

Quote Originally Posted by ST0LEN
    PS: does anyone know the part number for those vortech brackets?
    4FA111-081.....
    dale@swillracing

Junior SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by swilldup
    4FA111-081.....

THANX

Senior SCH Member
    that part # doesnt even come up anywhere. They dont even list that part on there site atleast from what I can see
    1990 GT Convertible

welll......do you see a pic of the brackets anywhere on the site?.....didnt think so...that part number came to me in an email from vortech's own Ricky Best....
    dale@swillracing

Senior SCH Member
    swilldup thank you for the sweet reply and the part #. I obviously did not see the picture on there site as you already saw in my post. Have a nice day
    1990 GT Convertible

Junior SCH Member
    I would definitely want a set of those brackets should you start another production run.

SCH Member
    Not enough demand? Might I refer you to this thread started in August...

http://www.superchargerhelp.com/showthread.php?t=7922

Ian, the demand is there but I see your point about having a life outside of this crap. :) I ask you to pay particular attention to reply #6.