Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

vortech brackets - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: vortech brackets

Junior SCH Member
    Count me in, I would like one.

Lems

SCH Member
    Heck, even buying some blueprints at this point would be sufficient. I just wanted to support the "little guy." It sucks that there isn't a way to take this show bigtime?

SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by straightliner1
    Heck, even buying some blueprints at this point would be sufficient. I just wanted to support the "little guy." It sucks that there isn't a way to take this show bigtime?
    try designing some yourself..

before vortech offered the dual drivers side bracketry, my buddy and I went into business and designed and made drivers side dual bracketry. I sold about 30 sets.. after vortech saw the market for it, they built some too.. we stopped making them as we were trying to fill a void, not make a million dollars..

about a year later, we made our first passenger side bracket but didnt have the time to continue doing them. Shortly there after, Dale from swill fabbed something up and then I saw Ian's come out..

its not real hard, they are work on the same premise...
    www.kurganmotorsports.com
    WINNING races with AEM, PMS, FAST, and EPEC

N.M.R.A.
    2004 EFI Renegade B.G. Champion
    2005 EFI Renegade Bradenton Champion
    2005 EFI Renegade Kansas City Champion
    2005 EFI Renegade RT 66 Runner-Up
    2006 Drag Radial Reynolds, GA Champion
    2006 Drag Radial B.G. Champion

Email Bob@Kurganmotorsports.com or visit www.kurganmotorsports.com with your mustang needs!

Junior SCH Member
    Holy crap ! ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

That sure is an impressive signature:)

SCH Member
    I use the Vortech kit and it works good. I didnt pay close to 600 for them. I have a buddy who hooked me up and sorry but thats all I can say about were I received mine from but just wanted to let everyone know that they do work.

Senior SCH Member
    If there is enough interests in people wanting these I can make them. Maybe Ian can get with me with what he had made and we can both make out on this. I have the time and equipment to do them, only problem is.........I am a novi guy and have no clue to what exactly you all need. So I would either need the pieces from a previous design or someone needs to give me there charger and brackets for me to gage off of.

If someone wants to make a list of real people that would want them and WILLING to pay let me know. I know I can come in way under the 600 mark if all it is a secondary plate, added pulley, spacers, and misc hardware. But I am not going to set-up to just make 5 of them. As Ian said it has to be worth the while.

Chad Fisher
    jiterfish1@netscape.net

Senior SCH Member
    How many people you need? There was a good amount of people interested.

And what ball park are you looking at you think so we can start getting people who may be interested.
    1990 GT Convertible

Senior SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tstang
    How many people you need? There was a good amount of people interested.

And what ball park are you looking at you think so we can start getting people who may be interested.
    I need dimensions, specific hardware, and most of all a clue to what exactly I am making. I have to figure material costs, machine time, my labor. I am not picking on you tstang, but it is a little more invovled than people may think. It has to be worth my time and effort to do them. I need to do a set 1st to test to make sure that it is correct and figure out total costs before I can give an exact dollor amount to anyone Right now I am trying to gage interest and make sure people are dead serious before I make an investment out of my pocket and time. Give you guys an example, I took on a side project of making 3 dry sump oil pans for a dude that runs scca with a nissan. Since 10-29 I have had only 4 days off and that was to take a short vacation. From this past friday to monday I put in 45 hours to get this stuff done, and I am a regular mon thru friday, 40 hr type. I am getting 2500 a pop for these and a regular shop would not even touch them for that. Again I am not trying to be rude but I have to make sure its going to be worth it for me to do. Thanks

If I had to do it again I wouldn't.

There is not enough demand out there. Vortech has now stepped up and has mass produced these. Yes the cost is higher but they are out there.

I know that you may see a few users on here that want them and my friends, friends brothers dad wants one but money talks.

Since I have the CNC drawings and have invested the time and effort I would do them now, but to start up from scratch - I wouldn't.

Ian

Senior SCH Member
    No offense taken. I cant give you any of the diminesions you need. Nor do I have a kit that I can send to you. I know you need a actual run of a piece to figure out cost. But its kinda hard to get people interested without a ballpark #. Thats all I was asking. If this happens in the near future Id be interested.

Quote Originally Posted by mrtbolt64
    I need dimensions, specific hardware, and most of all a clue to what exactly I am making. I have to figure material costs, machine time, my labor. I am not picking on you tstang, but it is a little more invovled than people may think. It has to be worth my time and effort to do them. I need to do a set 1st to test to make sure that it is correct and figure out total costs before I can give an exact dollor amount to anyone Right now I am trying to gage interest and make sure people are dead serious before I make an investment out of my pocket and time. Give you guys an example, I took on a side project of making 3 dry sump oil pans for a dude that runs scca with a nissan. Since 10-29 I have had only 4 days off and that was to take a short vacation. From this past friday to monday I put in 45 hours to get this stuff done, and I am a regular mon thru friday, 40 hr type. I am getting 2500 a pop for these and a regular shop would not even touch them for that. Again I am not trying to be rude but I have to make sure its going to be worth it for me to do. Thanks
    1990 GT Convertible

Junior SCH Member

Senior SCH Member
    no its there renegade kit they dont have it listed on there site. It has 2- 1/2 aluminum plates and a awesome belt tension design to it. You reuse your exsisting accesory bracket that the Vortech kit originally came with

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonade
    1990 GT Convertible

SCH Member
    Dangit, someone please post a part number or some pics of the Vortech piece. I cannot find it on their site anywhere.

:_(

Senior SCH Member
    its in this post at the beginning if not Ill shoot you an email. I have a guy who has em rather cheap shipped if your interested. Email me if so. I decided to just order one as I need one for this season. Just easier to bite the bullet and flip the bill.
    1990 GT Convertible

SCH Member

brackets

I have a set that Ian made me brand new, just never used them
    If anyone wants them..... hehe

ps and I have the cog spacer too...
    93 coupe, T Trim cogged 16psi,
    victor jrs,victor 5.8 efi, 80mm tb&egr,
    lightning short block w/ forged trw's
    13/4 macs and 3 inch exh.... oh yeh,
    and a stick tremec 3550, w/ 3.73's = 600 rwhp
    ps...with belt issues fix'd and at 6000 rpm's