Thread: Woooohoooo I didnt do it

SCH Member

Woooohoooo I didnt do it

Hey guys well ive been extremly busy but I finally got my intake off and I found no cracks in the block but what I did find was the oil plug from the back of the block sitting in the oil valley. So thats were my oil pres went and there was oil in every intake port on the heads so what I think happened was when I was in 4th gear and saw the oil pres drop I got out of it, with the plug out I was pupping oil into the oil valley just under my pcv valve wich now has 20 lbs of vacumn to just suck the oil into the upper intake and back into the intake ports hence the oil coming out of my exhaust. I can see oil almost all the way up to my valve guids there is that much in there. Im half tempted to pull the motor anyway and put the correct block in her but I think ill put her back together and try to enjoy her a little bit and save up for the block gradually. I allways learn from talking with other people so I thought I would tell u guys as a learning of what can happen.

Senior SCH Member
    Awesome..now atleast do that right, oil galley plugs are know for poppin out...tap that **** and plug um!
    Stock Blocks are Unbreakable

SCH Member
    I thought about tapping it but with the block still in chassis I can get a straight shot with a tap what do u think about JB weld it in place.

SCH Member
    Anyone have a idea if JB weld would bwe enough to hold plug in place if I was unable to thread the oil galley plug.

Senior SCH Member
    No dont try that..if u cant tap it, just put another galley plug in for a temp fix, then next time u have the motor out HOOK IT UP
    Stock Blocks are Unbreakable

Junior SCH Member
    I have ran a stock plug in there & Trick flows intakes say to put JB weld fill it level to the top, and super clean and let stand for a good 24hour's. It will never blow out again! I had 80psi even 100psi with 20w50 Hope this helps!