Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
F1 Bracket

Thread: F1 Bracket

Junior SCH Member

F1 Bracket

I am quickly running out of breath with my P1-SC-1, and the D1 will not get me where I want either.

I am lookin into F1 options, anyone confirm that the bracket attach bolt pattern will not work with a P1 bracket???

If not who makes F1 aftermarket brackets.

Thanks all

SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by b727pic
    I am quickly running out of breath with my P1-SC-1, and the D1 will not get me where I want either.

I am lookin into F1 options, anyone confirm that the bracket attach bolt pattern will not work with a P1 bracket???

If not who makes F1 aftermarket brackets.

Thanks all
    The bolt pattern for P1SC, P1SC-1, P1SC-2, D1SC, F1, F1A, F1C, F1R are all the same.

Junior SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KS91Z28
    The bolt pattern for P1SC, P1SC-1, P1SC-2, D1SC, F1, F1A, F1C, F1R are all the same.
    Thanks....wonder why ATI told me differently??
    So based on this....the F1 should bolt up to my P1 bracket. That simplifies matters somewhat...Now just need to find one to check other clearance issues>>

SCH Member
    Thanks....wonder why ATI told me differently??
    So based on this....the F1 should bolt up to my P1 bracket. That simplifies matters somewhat...Now just need to find one to check other clearance issues>>
    Not sure why an ATI tech told you any different. Maybe a new guy?

Anyways, the F1 has a thicker transmission than the P1SC by approx .75". The volute is 9" on both.

Junior SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KS91Z28
    Not sure why an ATI tech told you any different. Maybe a new guy?

Anyways, the F1 has a thicker transmission than the P1SC by approx .75". The volute is 9" on both.
    If I understand correctly, this means the unit is basically .75" thicker than the P1? So in my installation it would push the unit back .75". I also seem to remember the discharge diameter being somewhat larger according to the ATI website.

Thanks again...

SCH Member
    If I understand correctly, this means the unit is basically .75" thicker than the P1? So in my installation it would push the unit back .75". I also seem to remember the discharge diameter being somewhat larger according to the ATI website.

Thanks again...
    You are correct on the blower being .75" farther back. The discharge, inlet, and volute dimensions are all the same as the P1SC and D1SC. It's once you go larger than the F1 that dimensions start getting larger. (Such as the F1C, F1R, F2, etc....)

Junior SCH Member
    Thanks...that has been a big help in my long term planning thought process

Junior SCH Member
    P1SC took a crap on me. looking to upgrade on my stang. how do you compensate for the .75" difference then?

so F1 fits bracket, but thoughts on belt slipage with the bigger blower. 8" crank pulley, 3.4" blower pulley, 8-rib belt, at 5800 rpms. this would put the F1 right around 70k which is its recommended max.

question is, how bad do you think the belt slipage will be. worked on my p1sc fine but that was only spinning 58k cause of the slower transmission.

thoughts?

thanks,

michael
    Last edited by MSM69Z28; 06-24-2006 at 10:19 AM.
    www.BoostedHorsepower.com

69 Camaro Z28
    383 D1 Procharger
    Procharger Sheet Metal Intercooler
    750 cfm 4150
    Extreme Velocity Carb Hat
    Trick Flow Aluminum Heads
    Edelbrock Super Victor Intake
    Crower Solid Roller Cam
    X2CMotorsports Tremec TKO TransTKO