Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

What I want for Christmas
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What I want for Christmas

Senior SCH Member

What I want for Christmas

1. A bigger garage

2. The right tools when I need them.

3. My car to be finished so I can race again.

4. Oh yeah - world peace.

A little Stephen King Christine action (without the attitude) would be welcome right now. I'm in the middle of my pseudo mini-tub project; like everything else I've been doing, it's taking longer than expected...

David

'03 Mach 1 (Fun)
    '88 GT Hatchback (Fun squared)

Junior SCH Member
    It always does when it comes to chassis work David. make sure you get it right the first time or you will be tearing into it again, Like me :(

Have a merry christmas everyone (you too Doug, LOL). I doubt I will be getting any runs off next year, but I will be around.

Bob

SCH Member
    Well it's good to know that you still have the car I was being to wonder since I haven't heard anything from you in awhile. I would like to see more pics David.

Great car!!!
    347 J trim, Kennedys custom cam, and water/meth injection, Electromotive GT DFI
    www.momsracing.com

Senior SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OutlawCamaro68
    Well it's good to know that you still have the car I was being to wonder since I haven't heard anything from you in awhile. I would like to see more pics David.
    I'm still around Toby - I've just been rather busy trying to get my heap back together. It's slow going since I'm doing all the work myself. The plus side is I'm learning to weld and fabricate metal. So while it's taking a while, I'm saving bucks that I can spend later to keep up with you :teeth: But here's a couple more photo's to whet your appetite...

I'm literally rebuilding from the ground up, with every last piece removed from the car for the purposes of fabricating and installing all the new goodies. What you see here is just some test fittings to make sure that all the pieces would go back together. You can see the old wheel tubs in the last photo before I hacked them out. Now I'm midway through installing my gheto tubs So, as you can see it's going to take a while; but I'm getting there. Thanks to everyone for the support and compliments though.
    Last edited by David Schwarz; 12-22-2005 at 01:31 AM.
    David

'03 Mach 1 (Fun)

Junior SCH Member
    Nice going David. did you get the trans cooler put into the water tank?

what are you going to run Alchy or Gas?

Bob
    aka Bobalos

Junior SCH Member
    PS, I like where you have your IC, I think thats where Im going to try to mount mine. Its gonna be a bit tight, but I think it will go in there. The car is burried under a bunch of junk so I cant even get to it. LOL.

Bob

Senior SCH Member
    Hey Bob,

The water tank is just plain jane - I'll be bringing lots of ice with me to the track (or maybe an ice maker?). I bought the intercooler from NMRA drag radial guru Dave Hopper. I simply installed mine in the same spot as he did, and it tucks very cleanly under the dash. I still have to tackle the outlet - you don't happen to know of a good source for mandrel tubing out here in San Diego? As for fuel, just good old C16 for this little wagon.
    David

'03 Mach 1 (Fun)

Junior SCH Member
    There is a place in Mira Mar that sells it, however you have to be a retailer to buy there. Lawton (who runs Top Flight Corvette, there in Mira Mar), buys stuff from them all the time. I got a handfull of U bends to mock up a header for my tank. Here is what I did over the thanksgiving weekend. its ugly, but it was fun to play around.

what are you looking for? I would imagine 3.5 or 4.0" Aluminum? I dont know if they stock that (in fact I doubt it), but Im sure they could get it.

Call Lawton & see if he cant help you out. 858 547 8388. even if they dont have it, Im sure that he would have a good idea where to get it.

what kind of HP you think thats gonna make? are you shooting for Real Street or Extreme street or ?????

HTH's
    Bob

Junior SCH Member
    BTW, whats Doug up to?

Bob

Senior SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Maliboost
    ...what are you looking for? I would imagine 3.5 or 4.0" Aluminum? I dont know if they stock that (in fact I doubt it), but Im sure they could get it.

Call Lawton & see if he cant help you out. 858 547 8388. even if they dont have it, Im sure that he would have a good idea where to get it.

what kind of HP you think thats gonna make? are you shooting for Real Street or Extreme street or ?????

HTH's
    Bob
    Thanks Bob - I know Lawton, he did some work on my car in the early days. I'll give him a call and see what he has to say. I'm not sure what I need at this point (steel vs. aluminum). I had entertained thoughts of welding it in place, in which case I would need steel. But I've learned enough now to be able to say with confidence that I don't know what I'm doing, and I'm making it up as I go along!

I think your headers look good for something you're tinkering with. Practice makes perfect (or at least better) as far as I can tell.

What class you ask? Well, I'm building for True Street. That means I need to be able to get this tub down the 1/4 in 8.5 to be competitive (and my cage is tagged for 8.5 and above, so there'll be no faster times for now). The motor should be able to deliver in the neighborhood of a grand to the wheels, and hopefully that will be enough to keep me in the running as I make my first foray into a heads-up class.

As for Doug, well his life has certainly been an adventure as far as I'm concerned. But that's his turf, and I'll leave it up to him to decide what he wants to put out on the table (as it were). I'm pretty sure he's visiting the site when he can.
    David

'03 Mach 1 (Fun)

I'm around when I can be. I have been very business lately. I will speak to you guys at the track very soon.

Junior SCH Member
    Dave,

are you doing the cold side or hot side? I was going to do my cold side in steel so I could do it in my garage, but I dont want to give up the weight (I have too much on the front end anyway), so I am going to do it in aluminum. not sure how yet, but I will finger it out. You could also order it on line. there are a number of folks on the Turbo Rustang site that advertise that they sell it.

talk @ you guys later. Have a Merry Christmas.

Bob

Bobert you whoring it up again eh :)
    81 Z-28 400" Dart SBC Twin Turbo Blow-through

9.75 @ 145.0 mph w/ 1.58 60' Pump Gas, 15psi

9.56 @ 153.4 mph w/ 1.64 60' Race Gas, 16psi

FASTER THAN IAN OR CHUCK WILL EVER BE

SCH Member
    It's what he does best LMAO. :guess: