Thread: T trim question??

T trim question??

Someone is selling a T-trim as a V-2? Also it is brand new? Aren't all T's V-1's?

Also in the description it notes not for cogs? Again aren't all Tt's designed with the HD bearings and cog ready???

Any ideas?
    351 "stockshort block": -Vortech T-trim (21 psi), Trick Flow Heads, Lunati Cam, Weldon fuel system, Lentech AOD., 3.55 gears, 27" Hoosier QTP's, 3500# with me

-545 rwhp
    -10.02 @ 135mph---Is 9.99 to much to ask?:freaks:
    -1.42-- 60'
    Quote Originally Posted by regattacoupe
    Since when do they let Homo's with 700rwhp that run 11's be a SCH mod? :shocked: :obscene: :D

I heard about one like this before
    The guy worked at Vortech and he had it made I believe. It has the larger opening and the T impeller but has the helical cut gears to keep it quiet. This may be why they dont recommend cogs. The best bet to verify would be to get the serial number and call Vortech to see what they say.
    1993 notch, 357W forged pistons 9.2-1 comp,Vortech S-trim 3" / 8" pullies, AFR 185 heads, Trick Flow R intake, Anderson B451 cam, PMAS 80mm, 06 PMS, 60# injectors, 3.55 gears and PA SC C4, Dual Walbro fuel system. Best ET 10.35 @ 135mph

I asked the guy to get me a close up shot of the serial badge to contact vortech and to see what the deal exactly was. Wierd?
    351 "stockshort block": -Vortech T-trim (21 psi), Trick Flow Heads, Lunati Cam, Weldon fuel system, Lentech AOD., 3.55 gears, 27" Hoosier QTP's, 3500# with me

-545 rwhp
    -1.42-- 60'
    Since when do they let Homo's with 700rwhp that run 11's be a SCH mod? :shocked: :obscene: :D

They do make counter clockwise V-2 T-trims.
    Can't take how slow Blownby's 700rwhp car is :obscene:
    www.behindbarsracecars.com

Damn....He's alive!...atrimterror! My Nemsis!:obscene:

Well I got a serial #. Also he said it has the Helical cut SQ gears, not HD for cogs. So this must be where the V-2 comes into play. Is this a custom option through Vortech?

I'd call Vortech yet they are closed till next week.

-545 rwhp
    -1.42-- 60'

SCH Member
    I've heard before that Vortech will upgrade V2 S-trims to a T-trim. I called them a couple months ago to ask if they could modify my current V1 T-trim to a V2. The tech guy I spoke to said that they would need to look at the blower first, but that it may be possible. I think he said that it's not always possible and would be on a case by case basis.

I'd like to have the performance of the T with alot less gear noise. I also think the gear ratio of the V2 is prefferable, so that I could run a bigger dia blower pulley without needing to step up to a 8" crank with all the clearance problems. Not planning to ever run cogs anyway. I'm curious though if the SQ gears last as long on the street?

Oh yeah the Sq gears would last fine. Most of the blowers with the SQ gears are on street cars.

The step up ratio if correct for the V-2 is 3.6 while 3.45 is for the others.

-545 rwhp
    -1.42-- 60'

SCH Member
    I do believe you're correct on the ratios. I built this spreadsheet a while back, to try to get a side by side comparison of the impeller rpm's between the V2 and V1. I don't know if the belt sizing calculations will give good results, as I have only tried a couple of them. I was just looking for a place to start.

Right now I'm running a 7/2.95 combo with my V1 T and getting 14 lbs boost on a 302. So I think a V2 ratio may give me a couple more lbs or so with the same pulley combo.

Blownby, are you thinking about changing to a V2?
    Attached Files Attached Files

No plans on a V-2.....either a Novi 2000 or YSi again. In place of the maxed out T!:violent:

-545 rwhp
    -1.42-- 60'

Whats up Steve? Having T-trim doubts? I still think you need to send you heads off and get the TFS-R intake. Although I don't think a Novi 2000 will slow you down.:obscene:
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

He's afraid of Team A-trim:teeth: :teeth:

Whats up Steve? Having T-trim doubts? I still think you need to send you heads off and get the TFS-R intake. Although I don't think a Novi 2000 will slow you down.:obscene:
    No just saw this being sold on EBAY as new and I didn't think you could get something like this anymore, just seeing if he was trying to pass this as an S or something.

No it's YSi or 2000!

-545 rwhp
    -1.42-- 60'

Quote Originally Posted by atrimterror
    He's afraid of Team A-trim:teeth: :teeth:
    Get to work gimpy!:obscene:

-545 rwhp
    -1.42-- 60'

Quote Originally Posted by BLOWNBY
    Get to work gimpy!:obscene:
    Whats going to get worked is you:obscene:

Quote Originally Posted by atrimterror
    Whats going to get worked is you:obscene:
    :signs:
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D