Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

d1sc renegade bracket - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: d1sc renegade bracket

Junior SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sneakypony
    I would love to see some pics when your done.
    here ya go. i havent got it running yet. it looks like the blowere pulley is sitting back a little further than the crank pulley and the blower is turned differently and the intercooler piping wont reach, so i gotta figure out how to fix that.

Last edited by purevil93; 01-15-2006 at 10:05 PM.
    1990 Mustang LX Notchback Coupe Street Car
    DART 347 F1-R TFS-R HEADS PA SUPER COMP C4
    BIG STUFF 3 DIGITAL 7
    750 RWHP 9.23@151MPH

Junior SCH Member
    Procharger has to send me an offset blower pulley to fix my alignment issue and I am just going to order a SAMCO hose for the intercooler. It looks a TON better than the old set up with all that ac and pwr steering crap in the way.
    BIG STUFF 3 DIGITAL 7
    750 RWHP 9.23@151MPH

Junior SCH Member
    Did the new 'renegade' bracket assmy. come with all mounting bolts and tensioner assmy?

jay

Junior SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kdirty130
    Did the new 'renegade' bracket assmy. come with all mounting bolts and tensioner assmy?

jay
    Hey Jay.
    Yes, it came with all the mounting hardware/tensioner.

Now, there is more work involved than I originally realized and a little more money, other than the brakcet 553 bucks.

When you install this bracket, it brings the blower 4-5 inches back towards the motor, so you now go from the blower being up on the inner fenderwell to a 4 inch space in between.

This throws off everything. The piping doesnt fit anymore.

I had a gap from the elbow on the blower inlet to the anderson in the fender well. I had to cut and weld in a piece of 4 inch steel pipe to fill the void.

Now the tubing on the blower out let doesnt line up, mainly because of the distance. So we had to cut the metal pipe that connects the boost side of the blower to the intercooler. We cut the pipe and did a 180 with the bend and added about an inch to it, plus I had to order a 45 degree elbow to go on the outlet of the blower to re connect it.

Now the next problem I had was the blow off valve. It originally was in the fender well with a tube that connected to the elbow on the inlet side of the blower. well now that its moved, the hose doesnt reach and the hole in the elbow is blocked by my wiring harness on the shock tower. Im still working on that.

So, after all said and done. I spent the 553 on the bracket, 100 on an offset pulley, 100 on a shorter blower belt, 40 on a shorter accessory belt, my welding was done by a friend, and the silicon elbow cost 65 bucks.

It looks great, but i didnt expect so much work.
    BIG STUFF 3 DIGITAL 7
    750 RWHP 9.23@151MPH

Junior SCH Member
    Cool, thanks for the fast and honest reply, lol. I'm sure you'll get it alll dialed in, and yes, it does look great!!! Good luck with everything.

Jay

Junior SCH Member
    Have you guys had any trouble with cooling. I have an 89lx w/a D1-SC. I have an aluminum ford racing radiator. The crank pully is so wide I don't have clearance for an electric fan. I tried to put a "Black Max" on that moves 3300 cfm but there was not enough room. What do ya'll use to keep the motor cool. I live in Texas and gets HOT !!!!!!!!.

Thanks
    Chris

Move the radiator forward a little.
    Scott Warwick
    -------------------------------------------
    88 lx
    stock block 302, vic 5.0,vic jr's, d1-sc
    11.0 @ 131 mph on et streets
    AEM EMS

hobby = beer

Junior SCH Member
    I am running a Motorsport Alum. radatior. Are you running a little smaller radatior? It doesnt look like It will go in further. Thanks for your responce. How much boost do you get to under load? I am running about a 4 inch pully and get 10psi. Glad to find this site. Have not talked to anyone with a D-1.

Chris Crider

Junior SCH Member
    is the motorsport aluminum radiator a 3 or 4 row?

I have a 3.7 pulley and am seeing 14-15 psi. I also have a 3 core radiator.

Most people run Vortechs here, like you I am happy to talk to a fellow D1 owner.

I also have a 3.4 pulley that I tried once and made 21.5 psi..lol a little to much for the street.
    Scott Warwick
    88 lx
    AEM EMS

hobby = beer

Junior SCH Member
    Move the radiator forward a little.
    Mine is slighlty tilted. basically moved the mounts foward a little bit at the bottom. was the only way to get the elec fan to clear. ive got a quarter inch clearance now.:violent:
    BIG STUFF 3 DIGITAL 7
    750 RWHP 9.23@151MPH

Quote Originally Posted by purevil93
    Mine is slighlty tilted. basically moved the mounts foward a little bit at the bottom. was the only way to get the elec fan to clear. ive got a quarter inch clearance now.:violent:

Thats basically what I did also.
    Scott Warwick
    88 lx
    AEM EMS

hobby = beer

Junior SCH Member
    I have a 3.7 pulley and am seeing 14-15 psi. I also have a 3 core radiator.

Most people run Vortechs here, like you I am happy to talk to a fellow D1 owner.

I also have a 3.4 pulley that I tried once and made 21.5 psi..lol a little to much for the street.
    I was running a 3.7 pulley up until recently (its for sale if anyone needs it). i was making about 14-15 lbs as well. I had my heads race ported and put a huge kooks exhaust on the car. I figured i would lose a little boost because of the better flowing parts i put on, so when i replaced the pulley on when i changed to the renegade, i went to a 3.4. i cant wait to see how much it makes. 21 might be a little much, but 17-18 would be fine i beleive.
    BIG STUFF 3 DIGITAL 7
    750 RWHP 9.23@151MPH

Junior SCH Member
    couple more pics i found of the renegade changeover.

BIG STUFF 3 DIGITAL 7
    750 RWHP 9.23@151MPH

Junior SCH Member
    I went ahead and replaced the procharger stock bypass with a vortech mini race bypass that I had.

BIG STUFF 3 DIGITAL 7
    750 RWHP 9.23@151MPH