Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
rebuild/parts questions

Thread: rebuild/parts questions

Junior SCH Member

rebuild/parts questions

Hey guys I am new to the forum. Glad I found it, I've gotten some good info already.

I bought my n2k kit used on ebay. The kit is for my denali. IT was supposedly in good shape, having been removed a couple years back by a car dealer who didnt want it on a truck that was traded in. Upon installation it blew a lot of oil out the discharge and out the intake.

I've disassembled it and everything looks good. I am going to replace both oil seals. The impellor/compressor seal wasnt damaged but it is pretty hard for a rubber seal. IT's an odd looking, metal encased, double shaft seal. I was wondering if any of you all knew where I can purchase just that seal. I have no need to buy or replace bearings, all of mine are excellent and there was no gear or shaft play before disassembly.

I'm also going to replace the input shaft rubber seal behind the pulley, but it appears that it will be easier to find, I found several part numbers on another forum: Chicago rawhide 9837 or 9839, federal mogul 350414 or 472311.

Finally, does anyone have a source for the large rubber oring for the front case cover? Mine is a bit harder than I'd like...

I checked superchargerrebuilds.com and it appears they only sell the bearings with seals, and didnt mention the big o-ring.

Messages left for paxton have gone unanswered, and from what I have gathered from past correspondence with them as well as info on the net, they can give a rat's *** less about helping in this situation.

Any info is appreciated.

Junior SCH Member
    So I think I have working solutions for the large case o-ring and for the larger shaft seal behind the pulley.

I have had ZERO luck with the odd looking, metal encased, impeller shaft seal which was causing my problem to begin with.

No one locally or online seems to be able to match it up to anything even close, not to mention this is a double seal and not a standard shaft seal.

Paxton tells me they WILL NOT sell just the seals, they only offer seals with bearings for $400+.

So bottom line I have parts of a perfectly good blower that are useless all because of one <$25 oil seal that paxton refuses to sell me.