Thread: -10 Feed Fuel Sys Users

Senior SCH Member

-10 Feed Fuel Sys Users

After talking my sys over with some real experience I am a lil worried about a few things.
    My Sys is as follows:
    Intank pickup
    -10 feed (push lock)
    Filter
    Yblock to dual 255s (GSL 392s) to another Yblock (all -10)
    single -10 to the bay where I hit a bulkhead and change to -8 braided (for looks)
    BBRC Rails
    -10 X in the front
    -6 return all the way back to the tank
    60lb injs

Now after talking it over I'm aware I didnt need the -10, and -8 woulda been fine but I got such a deal on the -10 I couldnt pass it up. What I am worried about is will -10 have trouble suppling enuff pressure for the 60s with my dual inline 255s. If I ran a -8 feed from the Yblocks up would this cure the problem. I mirrored my setup after MMR900's setup which is good for 750rw boosted, but now I'm skeptical if this is enuff pump.
    My setup will be in the low 600s..will I have issues

Thanks
    chris
    Stock Blocks are Unbreakable

SCH Member
    I don't really think you need to worry about it. The GSL392 pumps do seem to flow alot.

Here's what I've seen with them: I'm using -8 feed, -6 return. I was having some issues adjusting the static pressure with my A1000 regulator. I couldn't get the pressure down below 45 psi, and the pressure didn't drop under vacuum. I called Aeromotive tech support, they said the two pumps were likely flowing too much for the regulator. I was surprised, given that this reg is designed for the A1000 pump. Rather than go to a larger regulator and bigger return line, I wired a relay and Hobbs switch (set to 8 psi) to one of the pumps. No problem after that.