Thread: Pumps mounted to Far from tank

Senior SCH Member

Pumps mounted to Far from tank

I have had mixed reviews...wada think

http://www.mustangmods.com/data/2166/dsc02154.jpg
    Stock Blocks are Unbreakable

I dunno. I have never seen anyone mount the pumps that far away. I personally would feel better with them closer to the tank especailly if your using a pick up and not a sump.
    1993 notch, 357W forged pistons 9.2-1 comp,Vortech S-trim 3" / 8" pullies, AFR 185 heads, Trick Flow R intake, Anderson B451 cam, PMAS 80mm, 06 PMS, 60# injectors, 3.55 gears and PA SC C4, Dual Walbro fuel system. Best ET 10.35 @ 135mph

Senior SCH Member
    I talked to MMR who i imaged my setup from and they said it was just fine as the hp 255s are serious "suckers"
    I ran it this way because I wanted to plumb the line on the pass. side and wanted it to be as striaght as possible shot under the car up to the rails.
    If i woulda mounted to the backside of the tank (so the pumps were close) I woulda had to play loopty loop with my feed line to get it back where I wanted it, which was too many bends for my likings.

After talking to a few "exp" companies/racers I am still getting the some say YEAH, some say I dunno.
    Its def better than what I had before (stock) and only plan to run 550-600rw, so I dunno.
    Another worry is supplyin press to the 60lb injs with these pumps and the -10 feed...hope its ok.

Chris

Senior SCH Member
    i run a simliar set up I am about the same distance and I have 0 problems with mine.
    1990 GT Convertible

Senior SCH Member
    Awesome thanks

Senior SCH Member
    What size feed/injs?
    The same pumps?