Thread: new to blowers, info would be appreciated.

Junior SCH Member

new to blowers, info would be appreciated.

hello, just bought a v1 s trim blower, and it needs an impeller. i'm a pretty crafty guy and i'm trying to do anything besides send it to vortech . I don't want them doing what i could do myself and charging me a small fortune. do i have any options? The guy at vortech said if the bearings look good it will be 150 parts and 50 labor, but he said it may be an extra 350 dollars for the "minor" repair. Anyway any of you have a passenger side mount for a sbc? if so where did you get it? thanks in advance.

Junior SCH Member
    ??? you mustang guys don't reply about chevy's or what? just kidding.

Junior SCH Member
    Well, to start - I have a Mustang and a Chevy. Only the Ford has a huffer, the Chevy just has cubes.

Anyway, here is my take on this question. The impeller speeds on these blowers are 40,000 rpm and higher, and for those types of speeds the balance and bearings have to be perfect. If something gives out, not only will the supercharger be destroyed but the motor is likely to ingest the parts. The money spent with Vortech will pale in comparison to repairing (or replacing) the motor. Consider that money spent to be an investment in keeping everything intact.

Charlie

Junior SCH Member
    good point, i'll consider that.i am considering either a 377 or 406 for the v1 to start with, then going to something bigger later. do you think the 377 will be easier for the v1 to build boost? one more question, since the impeller is bad, nows the time to get the best one, so which impeller is best for max power? thank you.

Send it back. This definitly is not a DIY.....
    351 "stockshort block": -Vortech T-trim (21 psi), Trick Flow Heads, Lunati Cam, Weldon fuel system, Lentech AOD., 3.55 gears, 27" Hoosier QTP's, 3500# with me

-545 rwhp
    -10.02 @ 135mph---Is 9.99 to much to ask?:freaks:
    -1.42-- 60'
    Quote Originally Posted by regattacoupe
    Since when do they let Homo's with 700rwhp that run 11's be a SCH mod? :shocked: :obscene: :D