Thread: Valve cover clearance?

Valve cover clearance?

I'm in the prosess of upgradeing from my S-trim to a novi 2K. The inlet side of the s-trim has the rubber 90* thats having issues fitting past the large sheet metel valve covers I have. I know the Novi is larger, did any of you have issues fitting the intake tube past the valve covers? If so what you do?

I found a "cobra head" 3" to 4" 90* pm a air flow site, this this would help?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Mike

89 Notchback:
    A4 349 Eagle rotating assembly, AFR205's SMR, Victor 5.0, Tremec TKO, 6Pt cage, Novi 2000, AEM Meth injection, AEM stand alone, PPG Harlequin paint, Green to Purple, HKS Race Bypass, Turbo coupe Rear swap, 73MM front calipers.:teeth:

Junior SCH Member

VALVE COVER PROBLEM

I had the exact same problem with my novi 2000 and I also have sheet metal cover. I had to cut the the corner off of the cover and re weld it lower. I made it just above the rocker arm then and only then did the inlet pipe just cleared.

Quote Originally Posted by gearheadfx
    I had the exact same problem with my novi 2000 and I also have sheet metal cover. I had to cut the the corner off of the cover and re weld it lower. I made it just above the rocker arm then and only then did the inlet pipe just cleared.

Got and picture? I'd love to see.
    Mike

89 Notchback:
    A4 349 Eagle rotating assembly, AFR205's SMR, Victor 5.0, Tremec TKO, 6Pt cage, Novi 2000, AEM Meth injection, AEM stand alone, PPG Harlequin paint, Green to Purple, HKS Race Bypass, Turbo coupe Rear swap, 73MM front calipers.:teeth:

Quote Originally Posted by gearheadfx

Mike

89 Notchback: