Thread: what size serp belt on a novi 1000?

Junior SCH Member

what size serp belt on a novi 1000?

i have a 93 stang just installed a novi 1000. im using every pulley and the original belt wont fit back on. i tried to find the next size belt up and it was to big. what belt should i use i need some help or some part numbers thanks <onelow>

Junior SCH Member
    btw its a double belt system.

SCH Member
    Are you talking about the main serpentine belt? I use a 5060910 (Dayco) belt on mine. That is with a stock waterpump pulley and a smog delete pulley.
    1989 LX Coupe
    Novi 1000, FMS/Bosch 42#'s, GT40 irons, GT40 intake, Pro-M 80mm MAF, 65mm T/B, 1.7 rockers, stock cam, MAC longtubes, MAC prochamber, flowmasters welded in stock pipes, T5z, 3.73 gears.

Best ET: 12.55
    Best MPH: 115.2

Junior SCH Member
    They should of supplied the belt in the kit

Junior SCH Member
    My kit is coming next week. I just re-read the instruction manual and nowhere in it does it mention belts being included, either for the serpentine setup or the secondary belt for driving the s/c off of the crank pulley.

So does it come with two belts, one for each? Or does it retain the stock belt size for the serp?

Junior SCH Member
    both belts should be with the kit

Junior SCH Member
    Bringing this back. Only the 8 rib blower belt came with the kit. So, what size belt is needed?

'93 5.0
    Stock pulleys
    Novi 1000 w/ it's base pulley
    2-Belt system

Just need the size/part # on the serpentine belt.

I knew the instructions did not mention it and sure enough, unpacked it all and no sign of it :(
    93 LX 5.0 5spd
    Stock short block, Novi 1000, bolt-ons, and a decent suspension setup.
    [Mods/Specs, Slips, Dyno, Tech]
    ---------------------
    Daily Driver: 05 Subaru Impreza 2.5 RS, 5 Speed
    ---------------------
    2nd ANNUAL B.C. CAR SHOW w/ DYNO, APRIL 1 2006, ROME GA
    Details in this post.

Junior SCH Member
    check the air box assembly that came with the kit. I should have a belt for the blower in there. I had the same problem with my belts. Neither fit. I had to grab a piece of string and run it around the system and buy two new belt. I also have no ac, waterpump and smog pump delte.

SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by criticman
    Bringing this back. Only the 8 rib blower belt came with the kit. So, what size belt is needed?

'93 5.0
    Stock pulleys
    Novi 1000 w/ it's base pulley
    2-Belt system

Just need the size/part # on the serpentine belt.

I knew the instructions did not mention it and sure enough, unpacked it all and no sign of it :(
    Did you read my post above? Try the Dayco 5060910. Or a Gates K060910...
    1989 LX Coupe
    Novi 1000, FMS/Bosch 42#'s, GT40 irons, GT40 intake, Pro-M 80mm MAF, 65mm T/B, 1.7 rockers, stock cam, MAC longtubes, MAC prochamber, flowmasters welded in stock pipes, T5z, 3.73 gears.

Best ET: 12.55
    Best MPH: 115.2

Junior SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by interceptor90
    check the air box assembly that came with the kit. I should have a belt for the blower in there. I had the same problem with my belts. Neither fit. I had to grab a piece of string and run it around the system and buy two new belt. I also have no ac, waterpump and smog pump delte.
    I have the blower belt. It is missing the drive belt for the serpentine system (this is the 2 belt novi setup).

I did check the airbox assembly to make sure I hadn't missed anything...and nope, no other belts.
    93 LX 5.0 5spd
    ---------------------
    ---------------------
    Details in this post.

Junior SCH Member
    Just talked to Mike @ Paxton's tech support #. With the 2 belt Novi 1000 setup, you use a stock serpentine belt to drive the factory components.

For reference, that would be belt #:
    Dayco p/n 5060905 - Serpentine Belt: 27/32" x 90.5" 6 Rib
    93 LX 5.0 5spd
    ---------------------
    ---------------------
    Details in this post.

Junior SCH Member
    I have talked to alot of people and it seems that they have had this problem. They told me about the string idea. The stock serpenine belt off my car doesn't fit anymore. I needed to get a shorter belt. Everything is the same but the smog pump delete. The belt was way too long. Maybe the way the belt is routed now. The other belt for the blower didn;t fit because of the 8 inch crank pulley. I will figure out what size belt I am using and get back to you.

Junior SCH Member
    Just checked my serpentine belt. The old one is a dayco 5060845 which is about 93.5 inches. The new one is a 91 inch belt. The dayco 5060905 that ericbluecoupe was suggesting sounds right.