Thread: Vortech question

Junior SCH Member

Vortech question

Guys, this is a picture of Vortech V-1 T-TRIM supercharger. Simple question is: what is that thing with a red arrow pointing at it and what is it's purpose? (It seems to be a some kind of brass pipe fitting, but what for?) . Help appreciated.
    Attached Images Attached Images

The belt tensioner has three bolts. One is supposed to go in the hole and two other go in two of those three outer threaded holes. I hope the brass piece will just come out of there .
    351 "stockshort block": -Vortech T-trim (21 psi), Trick Flow Heads, Lunati Cam, Weldon fuel system, Lentech AOD., 3.55 gears, 27" Hoosier QTP's, 3500# with me

-545 rwhp
    -10.02 @ 135mph---Is 9.99 to much to ask?:freaks:
    -1.42-- 60'
    Quote Originally Posted by regattacoupe
    Since when do they let Homo's with 700rwhp that run 11's be a SCH mod? :shocked: :obscene: :D

Junior SCH Member
    Thanks. It really seems like a normal threaded hole. But why on earth has someone put there something that seems to be an oil inlet fitting or something? (this is a used supercharger unit that I bought from ebay) Go figure...

???? Maybe just to ship it...hopefully.
    351 "stockshort block": -Vortech T-trim (21 psi), Trick Flow Heads, Lunati Cam, Weldon fuel system, Lentech AOD., 3.55 gears, 27" Hoosier QTP's, 3500# with me

-545 rwhp
    -10.02 @ 135mph---Is 9.99 to much to ask?:freaks:
    -1.42-- 60'
    Quote Originally Posted by regattacoupe
    Since when do they let Homo's with 700rwhp that run 11's be a SCH mod? :shocked: :obscene: :D

Junior SCH Member
    Maybe...