Thread: need help making custom bracket

Junior SCH Member

need help making custom bracket

I'm trying to install a Powerdyne BD550 supercharger on my 53 Studebaker Starliner V-8. I'm looking for a print of the head unit bolt pattern and the surrounding area so I can make a custom bracket. Can anyone out there help me with this project? Thanks, Studeguy

Are you talking about the allen headed bolts that attach the head unit to the blower plate? I've got my BD-12 off my car right now and I can figure something out if thats what your looking for.
    Doug

Junior SCH Member

blower bracket

Doug, Yes thats the one, I think from my best recollection theres 7 threaded holes in my head unit. I got a reply from a guy whos selling a Powerdyne on E-Bay who should be sending the diagram I'm seeking. My idea was to trace that portion of the bracket [where the head unit mounts] on a piece of poster board and mark the holes with the correct size transfer punch. If your going to have your bracket available for a while I might need to get it from you if this lead does not pan out. Thanks alot for replying to my question and for offering assistance, Studeguy