Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: attn:D2R owners

attn:D2R owners

How many of you have had success w/ this blower?,How many have crashed 1 (had the impeller touch off on the housing)?How many passes have you gotten w/o any problems?How hard have you pushed it?And last but not least how fast have you gone or seen w/ the D2R? thx for your replies

P.S- I'm the first post in the D2 's:D
    1 nasty tubbed procharged 86'gt
    331 r/block- Scat billet, GRP, etc ,D2R, Spearco race liq/air intercooler(all under a STOCK hood),FAST Seq., Mikes ultimate glide, 9" blah, blah ...

9.02 @161.32 w/ a screwed up converter.....8's here I come !!!!!!

Update: CAR IS FOR SALE - $33,000 has less than 4 passes on it -turnkey

Super Ford cover car may/2000,5.0 feature car april/2001 & coming in muscle mustang to a newstand near you sometime /2004

5.0 magazine feature apr/2001 (before it was tubbed and running a vortech,sorry) - http://www.mustang50magazine.com/fea...ehicles/18663/

SCH Moderator
    I've got a D-2R in mine and haven't had any problems with it. I spin mine to the maximum with the 12 rib setup, at least according to how the numbers work out, and will be installing a cog setup this season. Mine has gone 9.50's @ 146 without much problem and I am looking for low 9's with the 12 rib and high 8's with a cog setup.

WoW, owning a D2R can be lonely:D I know there must be more of you out there

By the way thx john
    331 r/block- Scat billet, GRP, etc ,D2R, Spearco race liq/air intercooler(all under a STOCK hood),FAST Seq., Mikes ultimate glide, 9" blah, blah ...

Super Ford cover car may/2000,5.0 feature car april/2001 & coming in muscle mustang to a newstand near you sometime /2004

5.0 magazine feature apr/2001 (before it was tubbed and running a vortech,sorry) - http://www.mustang50magazine.com/fea...ehicles/18663/

SCH Moderator
    bad86,

Have you had a chance to run yours at the track yet? Nice choice on the upper intake also :D.
    I noticed that you have a cog setup. Any problems with it? I'm thinking of going this way in
    the near future.

Thanks,
    John
    D-2R ProCharged R302 331
    1.393 60 ft.
    5.868 @ 123.119 (1/8)
    9.072 @ 156.953 (1/4)
    3400 lbs (with me)

"ProCharger...not just blowing hot air"

Photos: http://www.cafords.com/images/john91coupe/hi-res/
    Videos: http://www.cafords.com/mpg/john91coupe/

Yeah last race of the yr I took it out.It's all completely new the chassis ,everything .The engine only fired on 7 cylinders and #4 plug lead for some unknown reason was left off in our rush to get onto the track ,doh,the convertor was way too tight and only 60 ft'd a 1.85 and the convertor dropped 3000 on the shift ,fell from 8200 to 5250 and out of the power(running glide) ,w/ only 17 lbs boost went 10:17 @ 144.8 .It will run 8's once I get back to the track w/ the corrections

So the convertor will go back for stator change,and this time will use 8 cylinders,lol,and tighten up the bypass as it dumped boost .Very eventful run,lol but shot excellent flame out the exhaust when it fired #4 .

As for the cog I had no problem at all ,this is my second D2R as the 1st 1 packed it in on the start line on it's maiden voyage ,yikes .I cross my fingers now on all future passes ,kidding ,lol

I want to step-up though to the f -series race blowers ,just need to sell this one 1st .Bigger better right,lol:D

SCH Moderator
    Sounds like a great combination. No doubt that you will be deep into the 8's with it.
    Keep us posted on how things progress.
    D-2R ProCharged R302 331
    1.393 60 ft.
    5.868 @ 123.119 (1/8)
    9.072 @ 156.953 (1/4)
    3400 lbs (with me)

Junior SCH Member
    In the first few minutes my new D2 was on my car it was leaking oil real bad, I sent it back to procharger and they said it had water in it and wanted $750 to repair it .(shaft was rusted)
    I ended up sending them $350 in order to get my unit back and reinstalled it and it still leaked oil.
    This time it was a defective case, did they refund my $350? Hell No!!! The unit was running on the car for less than 5 minutes and never saw 1 drop of water.
    In the amount of time I had used the blower I could have soaked the whole unit in water and it would not have rusted. They finally fixed it and it has been trouble free for 2 years now, they are the worst company I have ever dealt with and will never deal with them again and advise everyone who does to be very carefull as they are nothing but common theifs!!!!!!!!!

Junior SCH Member
    How would it have water in it? Did you drive somewhere and suck up some water?
    99 Laser red Mustang GT
    CDC Shaker inducted

Junior SCH Member
    The car never moved, I installed the blower started the engine and oil was leaking from the blower.
    I sent it back next day air ($90) and they said it had water in it and wanted $750 to repair, we worked it out for $350 and they sent it back to me and it still leaked so I sent it back again. This time they said it had a defect in the case and sent it back at no charge and it has worked great since (2 years) When I had the problem the blower was not on the car more than 10 minutes and was new. When I say it was leaking oil, It leaked almost a quart of oil in a matter of minutes.
    The bottom line is it never had any water in it.

My first D2R self destructed on the start line in my fresh all new car and it had never seen the track ever.They never did tell me why it crashed but did say they felt it may be my oil return to the pan.It's almost perfectly straight right into the pan from the blower and I run -12 for return so it more than enough to return the oil .

Jim Larocca of larocca's performance was great and he was able to get procharger to replace it w/ minimum cost to me, I think it was $350 as well.Still you don't expect your brand new $4000+ blower to pack it even before you make a pass .They should of replaced it w/o any charge to me .They said the race blower comes w/ no warranty and that really pissed me off because like I said I never even used the stupid thing ,it let go at the line and it's not like I get some killer deal when I purchase these blowers .My new blower only has a shakedown pass on it and it did appear to stay together .

Honestly I hate to say negative things about Procharger as I still feel it's the best blower company out there but sometimes I have to question the way they handled this whole thing .I switched from vortech ,which I found dead reliable at least for me,to the procharger and so far it's really made me nervous useing their product but if you want to make power this was route I needed to take . As you can see(from pic's on this site), my car is no low dollar effort(featured cover Super Ford-may/2000,and in 5.0 mustang last yr-apr/2001(useing the vortech and before tubbed) ,calander car 5.0 july/2003 and has been shot for muscle mustang feature useing the D2R and after tubbed, for sometime 2003) and I did try to use the best I could afford and I think I'm into the car for almost $80,000 now ,ouch ,so having to replace a blower on ever pass I really can't afford .I actually help them advertise by useing their product on my car in the magazine shoots .Ok enough of my bitching ,I'm just a whiner ,lol:D

P.S.-I did call them about some concerns I had w. my blower 3 weeks ago and the tech guy said he would speak to someone about it and call me back.Well,guess what they never called back,geez

just to show how much detail and effort went into this car ,scares me to get it dirty at the track
    Attached Images Attached Images

Junior SCH Member
    You guys have me concern. My D2R set in the box for over two years. I finally put it on the car and crank it two weeks ago. I hope to dyno the car on the 29th. I still need to find a hose that will fit over the 90mm TB and play with the FAST system. I sure hope I don't encounter any blower problems. I running a cog setup (77/42) which put the blower around 53,000 rpm at 6500 rpm. Man I want to make at least one 9 sec pass before I'm call off to the big sand box. :( Good luck everyone!
    MIKE
    Mike Sellars
    92GT,
    408ci of Procharger D2R intercooled power.
    8.96 @ 156mph, 8.72 @ 160mph with a small shot of nitrous.

Well just check it on this inside of the inlet after the run (dyno or 1/4) to make sure the impeller did not touch the housing .My new replacement blower I checked it after the 1 run and what I saw or see now is a line around the entire inside of the inlet ,it's is a very tiny line but def is there .I can't see the impeller hitting it again like the 1 st one because for some reason procharger allowed a bit more room between the impeller and the hsng but it does have me a little concerned when I hit the track again this yr for it's second pass which should be a whole lot faster and into the 8's .It's really unnerveing always worrying if it's going to possibly crash.Like I said I did call procharger tech and they said someone would call back and no one did :( Anyway they will tell probably to send it back again at my cost again .

I'm to the point just to let the thing self destruct again and when it comes time for muscle mustang to complete the article on my car w/ the D2, if it self destructs I will for sure let it be known in the article .The photographer wants to shoot it at the track in action ,I can see it now - on the transbrake ,light comes down and I let it fly and boom just as he snaps a pic for the action shot ,lol.That will look really bad ,I already warned the photographer thats it's a possibility it may happen.He said he'll take his chances as he wants an action shot ,GULP

You know I can say for sure the F-series seem to be alot stronger and a better blower and I think possibly procharger designed the F because of these type of problems they were having w/ the D-series ,just my thoughts anyway ,like I know anything:D

SCH Moderator
    I don't know if this will make you guys feel any better but I can tell you this.
    I have about 25 runs on my D-2R and a friend of mine has over 200 runs on his D-2 blower.
    Neither of us has had a problem with the blower. Sure, there are no guarantee's that there will never be any problems but I think it is safe to say that some of us have had pretty good luck so far.

1bad86gt,
    Your car looks like a work of art. And I thought mine was clean.
    D-2R ProCharged R302 331
    1.393 60 ft.
    5.868 @ 123.119 (1/8)
    9.072 @ 156.953 (1/4)
    3400 lbs (with me)

shiney,lol this is just after we repainted the rear 1/4's cause we stretched them 4.5" to fit the bigger tires and notice it still has the factory roundness in the arch unlike most who make it straight ,lots of work and it still has a inner lip like factory.

Oh yeah no mtr in it when this pic was taken ,so ft is high
    Attached Images Attached Images