Thread: Looking to make my novi 1000 single belt a 2 belt set up

Junior SCH Member

Looking to make my novi 1000 single belt a 2 belt set up

Just wondering If anyone has changed the single belt novi 1000 into the 2 belt setup? Im looking at buying cog pullies and belt. I just would like to know if it is a easy thing to do. if buying the new 1/2" bracket would do the trick or not?

Quote Originally Posted by LetsRumble
    Just wondering If anyone has changed the single belt novi 1000 into the 2 belt setup? Im looking at buying cog pullies and belt. I just would like to know if it is a easy thing to do. if buying the new 1/2" bracket would do the trick or not?
    I haven't done the swap but i've owned the two belt novi and I can tell you that you'll need the plate, new tensioner plate, and idler setup for 8 rib. Cogs are kinda overkill for the lil 1000. How much boost are you after and whats you're setup?
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

Junior SCH Member
    Well im kinda in the middle of building the engine right now. Im just getting the last few parts together. This is what I have.

306 4340 forged crank & rods
    SRP forged aluminum pistons 8.5/1 compression
    Edelbrock performer Heads 2.02/1.6 ported
    GT40 Upper And Lower Intake Ported
    75mm Throttle Body
    42 lb injectors and 80mm mass air
    Novi 1000 single belt
    anderson ford b-31 cam 1.6 crane Roller Rockers
    Crane HI-6 WITH Timing

I still need to figure out what to to about the ECU, I was thinking chip or maybe a programer like the anderson pms. The pms is a little expensive.

I Just didnt want any belt slip I want to push around 10 to 14lbs of boost if I can. Any Help would be greatly appriecated , Im new to this supercharger thing. What do you think this set up will produce for HP any guesses?

Junior SCH Member
    Well im kinda in the middle of building the engine right now. Im just getting the last few parts together. This is what I have.

306 4340 forged crank & rods
    SRP forged aluminum pistons 8.5/1 compression
    Edelbrock performer Heads 2.02/1.6 ported
    GT40 Upper And Lower Intake Ported
    75mm Throttle Body
    42 lb injectors and 80mm mass air
    Novi 1000 single belt
    anderson ford b-31 cam 1.6 crane Roller Rockers
    Crane HI-6 WITH Timing retard

I still need to figure out what to to about the ECU, I was thinking chip or maybe a programer like the anderson pms. The pms is a little expensive.

I Just didnt want any belt slip I want to push around 10 to 14lbs of boost if I can. Any Help would be greatly appriecated , Im new to this supercharger thing. What do you think this set up will produce for HP any guesses?

Junior SCH Member
    I dont Know Why it posted twice

I forgot the Anderson power pipe

Junior SCH Member
    if are you going to be changing your setup around i would go with the pms...so you dont have to keep getting chips burned...and it is really user friendly...
    Jimmy Cook

1990 Mustang GT
    Pro-M 80
    mm MAF Calib. for N/A w/42lbs Injectors, AFM Power Pipe, Vortech S-Trim, 6.67" 8rib Crank Pulley, 2.95" Supercharger Pulley, BBK 75MM TB, GT-40 Tubular Upper & Lower Intake, 1" Trick Flow Spacer, 42lb FMS Injectors, BBK Adj. FPR, Stock GT-40P 302 Roller shortblock, Ford Racing X303 Heads, Cometic head gaskets, Crane 2031 Cam, Crane 1.72 Roller Rockers. BBK 1 5/8 Shorty Equal Headers, BBK X-Pipe w/o cats, 2 Chamber Flowmasters, '04 PMS, 3-Bar Map, InterACQ, UEGO 2000 Wideband Kit, Crane HI-6 w/ LX-92 Coil, HD King Cobra Clutch, World Class HD T-5, PRO 5.0 Shifter, FRPP Alum. Driveshaft, Posi 3.73 gears, Lakewood Lift Bars, Nitto 555R tires

It should run very well. RWHP in the mid/high 400 range depending on the tune. As far as belt slip goes, it's a way of life with the ol one belt setup. Going to the two bet setup is the way. Or if you can sell it right, go the SQ, T, or Novi 2000.

I ran 10 psi with the Novi 1000 but after that IMHO you're just heating air. Although my car ran great with 10 psi.
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D