Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
and I thought this website .....
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: and I thought this website .....

Junior SCH Member

and I thought this website .....

was designed to talk discuss the GOOD and the bad of the NOVI 2k.... i came in here as a guest only to read about how people will bad mouth Paxton without even knowing what they are talking about.... The post that catches my eye the most is the one about the drilling of the impellars... Everyone freaked out about it and all they holes are designed to do is balance the impellars... I think the website would be more constructive if people remember that Paxton is a small company doing its best to satisfy the customer and THEY ARE HUMAN... Kelly is pretty much a one man show, please be gentle... im outtie

thanks BOB KURGAN

I would have to agree with Bob. I am not saying that there should always be candy coated posts in here about how great Paxton is. But, if you have a question or concern and you post it, then you should be prepared to listen if there is a valid explanation. I personally responded to the thread Bob is referring to and stated my Novi is 2 years old, it has the same marks, and there is no problems with it. My Novi was actually rebuilt 1 year ago after I ingested a hose clamp and what do you know, it has the marks on the new impeller. My opinion is that if you are that unhappy about the product you received, then return it and put another blower on your car. I personally do not believe that this person can be satisfied. I have been buying aftermarket parts for my Mustang's since about 1987 and I am not going to tell you that there are not shady people out there trying to rip you off. However I DO NOT BELIEVE that Paxton Products would not try to resell a used a blower as a new unit. Sorry for the long post.
    Doug
    14-1 compression 402ci with a little nitrous

Welcome Bob,

I know what you mean, but as an Administrator I welcome open discussion in the forums. That being said that thread is now closed and I am sure we can move past it.

On a side question, are you the Bob Kurgan?

Ian

Junior SCH Member

yes

i am "the bob kurgan"... but SHOW ME THE MONEY... err.. I mean the new paint job :)

cya

Thanks Ian,
    I didn't mean to rant & rave earlier. I'm really not crazy:D .
    O.K., maybe a little
    Doug
    14-1 compression 402ci with a little nitrous

Doug: Not to worry, you are a moderator, if you feel it was out of hand, you could have closed it yourself :)

Bob, great looking and performing car. I am glad to see you have joined the site. You are the fastest NOVI here I would say, 9.74 @142 :)

Ian

Junior SCH Member
    that time is over 3 yrs old... since then I have gone 9.1x @ 148 with a novi and 8.97 @ 154 with a YS trim.... If anyone is sick of their novi and wants to run a comparable Vortech, go with a YS... We CNC machine our own brackets for the YS (similar to the Novi brackets) that include the same type of tensioner, arbor, pulley, etc.. we sell them for $500.....

thanks bob

Originally posted by 88cobra
    Doug: Not to worry, you are a moderator, if you feel it was out of hand, you could have closed it yourself :)

Bob, great looking and performing car. I am glad to see you have joined the site. You are the fastest NOVI here I would say, 9.74 @142 :)

Ian

Ohh no, you are now on Vortech's team :) LOL

Why the switch?

Ian

Junior SCH Member
    I ran the NOVI for over 2 yrs with great success in renegade... some of you hopefully run the NOVI because of the success i had with the blower... When Vortech and Paxton merged, the YS trim was not being used to its potential... that being the case, i decided that I wanted to show everyone who doubted the YS that it was a comparable blower... i feel that I have done that plus some... so to touch on your post, I am on VORTECH AND PAXTON's team.. they are the same company with the same great employees..

thanks bob

Originally posted by 88cobra
    Ohh no, you are now on Vortech's team :) LOL

Why the switch?

Ian

In reply, I had a very shacky start with paxton, but am now very happy. The install wasn't bad, and I seem to receving better treatment. I belive that alot of people on the site are still new to the blower seen, my self for example, and are very gratious to individuals such as dugscpe, and the others that are so generous with there knowledge. I am also very excited that racers, such as bob, are starting to take note of the site. Hopefully, we can all learn a little from one another. Rookies and seasoned racers alike.

Brandon

SCH Member
    kelly is a great guy i have bugged him many times and he always has the answer i need!!!! i live in the heart of procharger country when i took my car to dynotune it i was in overland park ks. a few miles from lenexa. we backed my car on the rollers and the owner of mc racing made a couple of calls and within a few minutes a couple of ati folks were there to watch. when asked what they thought the car would do all agreed 360rwhp. this is a 93 cobra longtubes offroad hpipe 2.5 flows, prom 75, and mildly ported gt 40's. you shoulda seen their faces when the first pull was 407rwhp. best of the day was 413hp and 419tq. i relayed this story to kelly and man he was excited. next thing i know a couple days later i had a package from kelly with a paxton tshirt, hat, window sticker and a letter that said the next time i was there wear this with pride thanks kelly. i have just broke in my new motor and am planning a dyno trip soon i will let you guy's and kelly know how it went. imo we are fotunate to have him on our side.
    93 cobra#256 witha noisy alternator

Great post!

I have been trying to contact him to see if he would join the site. I think it would be great to ask him for help.

Ian

SCH Member
    i'm sure bob has forgotten more about supercharged combo's than most of us has learned. welcome bob great to have you here.
    93 cobra#256 witha noisy alternator

Junior SCH Member
    bob i was told vortech machines there cases alot better than paxton ?? i have a customers car over the years (S-TRIM) weve sent back twice to have it rebuilt and it comes back perfect every time!!! do you have any insight about my problem with my NEW novi 2000 system i bought from muscle motors???
    also for the record i still think novi 2000 is a great system i just have a problem with the quilty of this head unit and bracket i recieve this time but i can forget the main bracket you never see it after its installed!!! also sounds like a nice set up on those brackets for the vortech!!!! chad

Senior SCH Member
    In response to Bob's post. I chose my Novi because of his success as well as Post's success with there blowers. I also did'nt have to change my license plates if I stayed brand loyal.
    Kelly also gave me some problems in the begining,but in the end it all worked out. I could not be happier with my car.
    Well maybe if it had a working trans.....

Eric
    89GT 392 Novi 2000 650/620 Tunned by DynotuneMP :D
    03 10th Anniversary Cobra Vert. 443/451 12.6@113