Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Did Paxton upgrade their N2K's oiling system by adding an additional feed line?

Thread: Did Paxton upgrade their N2K's oiling system by adding an additional feed line?

Junior SCH Member

Did Paxton upgrade their N2K's oiling system by adding an additional feed line?

I friend of mine mentioned today that the N2K that I just purchased off e-bay may be an older unit that was built prior to a major upgrade to the bearings and lubrication system. HE claims that my unit having one oil feed line may be an indication that its an older unit that has small bearings and oiling problems. HE mentioned this because he had a customer that had an N2K that needed rebuilding ( I dont know why...forgot to get that info ) they sent it to Paxton and upon teardown Paxton explained that this was an older unit with the "bad" oiling system and small bearings. They supposedly couldnt rebuild the unit because of the newer upgrades incorporated into the newer units and parts werent interchangeable. They told him that the way you tell the good from the bad ones is the added oil feed line is on the good ones. So my question is.....I have a unit with one oil feed line at the 2:00 position ( using the N2K badge as a reference to 12:00 )....is this bad and was there problems with units with one oil feed line units? By the way, if you look at the N2K pics on Paxtons website you can see 2 oil feed lines ( one at 10:00 and one at 2:00). Thanks, Cosmo

To answer your question, no. Only one oil feed is used. The second hole is there to provide an optional oiler installation point depending on what car the blower is installed on as having one location is not feasible. Blower head units are designed as universal pieces that can be used in many different set ups.

What he said :)

Ian

Junior SCH Member
    Thanks...makes sense.

Now next question, looking for 10 rib blower pulley. Any size right now so I can test out boost levels. Prefer 3 inch but will settle for anything to get me started.

cosmo: ASP can get / or make you one no problem.

Ian

Junior SCH Member
    Thanks

oops double post

Junior SCH Member
    Called Paxton today about this.
    The engineering change is not visible from the outside. The unit would have to be dissasembled by Paxton to see which version it is. The better units with the updates were sold with either one or two oil feed lines. As far as I can tell from the tech guy at Paxton the upgrade was to the oiling system and bearings and older units are rebuildable no matter which one you have.
    Cosmo