Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
and I thought this website ..... - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: and I thought this website .....

Junior SCH Member
    I just got my car running with-in the last month, and have a current NOVI that was bought in Early oct, I could not be happier, the kit looks better with brackets just plain, and not anodized, my blower also spins free, but hey with it making 15#'s out of the box, there must be something right with it, I could not be happier, that blower helped me make 500@ the tires, 306, with holley heads P&P 194/160 valves, trick-flow intake out of the box, custom comp cam. When the car was dynoed it was actually making 12#'s of boost, on the street on a crisp night, it will make 15#s of boost, and all of this is accomplished on 91 octane, I can thank the power of the autologic chip for that.

I agree in that if you are going to be posting negative comments atleast know what the hell you are talking about. I've had very positive exchanges with Paxton personally.

Mike @ Dallas Mustang
    Kelly has always been helpful to us(Dallas Mustang Parts aka DMP) and bends over backwards without hesitation. As far as the Paxton Vortech debate, we made 788 rwhp with a 2K and I am sure we could do close to the same if not more with the YS, jsut like Bob said.

Mike

what is your basic setup dmp?

Mike @ Dallas Mustang
    306, Edelbrock Victor Jr's, B4R Cam, 28lbs of boost.

what are the flow numbers on those vic jr's, I am building a very similar combo, a4 308 with soon to be ported vic jr's. Good to know I should be able to make around that. What kind of racegas are you running? What are you turning the motor to with that performer intake?

Mike @ Dallas Mustang
    The performer is "extensivly modified", can't remember the flow numbers on the heads, but we have the motor out and are updating for next season, so I should be able to get the numbers when I have the heads at the machine shop. We are running C-16 race fuel. Max rpm is about 7000-7200.

Mike

awesome, thanks for the reply mike.

Bob or Mike, do either of you guys know someone who runs or ran an accel dfi gen6. I need a startup program to work with. What I'm putting together is an a4 308 solid roller, hogans upper, vic 5.0 lower, heavily ported vic jr's, approx 25-27lbs is what I want to make, behind a dynamic c4.

Mike @ Dallas Mustang
    You might try Job Spetter from Turbo People in NY State, I think he uses it.

Mike

Hustler: Just thought I would add someting...YOU ARE NUTS! :D

Ian

Junior SCH Member
    Call the maker of the "dfi" set-up, they usually sell the kits with a base program to get you to the dyno.

Originally posted by Hustler
    Bob or Mike, do either of you guys know someone who runs or ran an accel dfi gen6. I need a startup program to work with. What I'm putting together is an a4 308 solid roller, hogans upper, vic 5.0 lower, heavily ported vic jr's, approx 25-27lbs is what I want to make, behind a dynamic c4.
    Hustler, are you putting that in the Saleen? If you are, YOU ARE NUTS! :D

HUSTLER's fav saying: " It's allright, I'm just a little crazy"

haha no worries, I am going to completely re-do the suspension. The only thing saleen that will be left would be the exterior and interior crap, well whats left after I'm done ;) The only thing that scares me is the cost of c16 by the barrel ;) At this point I just want to get the damn thing finished so I can work on the suspension.

Thanks for the reply Mike, unfortunately I've already wasted two long distance phone calls talking to him.

Mike @ Dallas Mustang
    Originally posted by Hustler
    Thanks for the reply Mike, unfortunately I've already wasted two long distance phone calls talking to him.
    No prob, I will ck today at work and see what I can findout.

Mike