Thread: my p600b bypass question

Junior SCH Member

my p600b bypass question

whats up with the support forms for all blowers but the original p600b's? well anyways, i just put the kit on my car and have nothing hooked up to the bypass valve, ( i think that is what its is called) shouldnt there be somekind of vac line that goes to this?

where do i hook it to?
    95 5-speed(Anastasia)
    fms c-springs, tinted out, O/R H-pipe cobra cat back, clear corners, red, polished 2000 GT wheels

89 lx 5.0 5speed(Victoria)
    bbk LT headers and h pipe,1.6 crane rockers, moly rings, arp bolts, f cam, felpro gaskets, frpp high voloume oil pump, world products windsor jr. heads with dual springs. 26X10.5X15 M/T ET streets 3.73 gears,autometer shift light, march u/d pullyes, hurst line loc 255 walbro pump, ATI Procharger P600B with 2-Core Intercooler!!!
    best time at track:
    13.8@ 98.5 w/1.8 60ft (no SC)

New section made...thanks.

Ian

Junior SCH Member
    Yes, your bypass or surge valve should be hook up to a vacuum source. Either on the manifold or carb. The valve needs to open when the motor is making vacuum.

Brian

Junior SCH Member
    novi, thanks for making the new section. for my boost gauge i ran a t-fitting from my intake to the adj fp regulator. where should i get my vac line from to run to the bypass valve?
    95 5-speed(Anastasia)
    fms c-springs, tinted out, O/R H-pipe cobra cat back, clear corners, red, polished 2000 GT wheels

bbk LT headers and h pipe,1.6 crane rockers, moly rings, arp bolts, f cam, felpro gaskets, frpp high voloume oil pump, world products windsor jr. heads with dual springs. 26X10.5X15 M/T ET streets 3.73 gears,autometer shift light, march u/d pullyes, hurst line loc 255 walbro pump, ATI Procharger P600B with 2-Core Intercooler!!!
    best time at track:

Any vacume source... do you have an extra spout on your vacume tree on the firewall? If not, then do you have any plugged spouts out of the intake (area where the AFPR pluggs into)? Otherwise you can T off of another vacume line. It doesn't matter as long as it's solid enough to stay on under boost. The ATI kits come with a type of vacume hose that has very thick walls that are difficult to kink... it would be a good idea (not neccessary) to get something similar... a high quality vacume hose for the job.
    ---Don---
    WA2FAST

http://wa2fast.corral.net

Junior SCH Member
    I routed the FMU(soon to be gone), bypass and boost gauge on the tree from the intake. I would think it's best to have them connected as close to the intake as possible. It may not matter but I did it this way to be sure.
    Dave
    My site
    1954 F100 = 400/C-6
    93GT = 5.0 & SF feature Nov 05 p60

Don't do business with these bastards/ripoffs:
    Eric Emco from RI
    Tran Ho from FL

Junior SCH Member
    i connected a line from the front fo my intake that use to go to the emisions charcole canistor thing. i dont know if it will work yet, still too cold out to run it.
    95 5-speed(Anastasia)

best time at track:

Yea, that should work fine. As long as it is a direct port to the intake, you are fine. It just needs to actuate the valve via a good vacume source.
    ---Don---
    WA2FAST

Junior SCH Member
    OH SH!T, not good, detached vac line from charcol canister, attached to bypass valve, check engine light on and no boost. put back to way it was, and still no boost and check engine light on.

i am not really good at any form of forced induction, and now i am lost. also, ther is a tree like thing coming off my firewall with about 5 vac lines on it, one isnt being used, marked B/R can i hook a vac line from that to my bypass valve
    95 5-speed(Anastasia)

best time at track:

That is the tree we have been talking about. What did you do?... did you run the car with a huge vacume leak? I'm sure you got your check engine light because of a massive vacume leak and because your charcoal canister was not hooked up. As far as you not having boost now... well nothing you did has anything to do with boost, so you need to step back and look at the picture on a whole.

Connect the vacume line to the tree that you are speaking of... that will work fine. With the charcoal canister plugged back in the way that it is, clear your C/E light, start your car and let it idle by itself for about 15 minutes with all of the accessories on (headlights, defrost, heat, ect.) so that the computer can re-learn the car after clearing the computer. You should be fine after that... your boost has nothing to do with what you did once it is hooked up right, so I wouldn't worry.
    ---Don---
    WA2FAST

Junior SCH Member
    dont i clear my computer by taking the battery cable off, for like 30 mins, but still i have no idea why i dont have boost now. the car is running horribly, its popping now and kinda vibrates.

we have to meet up this summer and go to the track or something, you arent too far from me, i am at M-59 and Van dyke (M-53).

thanks for all the help so far, also what is that line, the B/R?
    95 5-speed(Anastasia)

best time at track:

Originally posted by cdavego03
    we have to meet up this summer and go to the track or something, you arent too far from me, i am at M-59 and Van dyke (M-53).

thanks for all the help so far, also what is that line, the B/R?
    Yea, we should meet up sometime in the summer, I'm sure we will have a few meets here and there in the area, but I'll keep in touch and let you know and we can meet up.

What do you mean, "also what is that line, the B/R?"
    ---Don---
    WA2FAST

Junior SCH Member
    i posted earlier that there is a line that isnt being used on a tree off of my firewall and it has markings of B/R i was just wondering what it is. also what mods u got , and what times r u pulling off?
    95 5-speed(Anastasia)

best time at track:

Who knows what the labeling is on the vacume tree... if it's capped, then it's available, doesn't matter what it is.

Check out my site... tons of pictures and a huge "About" secion with everything about my car.
    ---Don---
    WA2FAST