Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
What spark plugs?

Thread: What spark plugs?

Junior SCH Member

What spark plugs?

Everyone is saying Autolite plugs...copper I am guessing.

What exact plug do I need (if one heat range below stock, still need part #)?

And what do I need to gap it?

Link in sig. has my specs. S/C is the Novi 1k, 45# injectors, 255lph walbro, UPR Boostmaster Pipe.

Much appreciated!

1 range colder is what I run. Your specs aren't shown so I don't know what heads you have to recommend the part#

Junior SCH Member
    Sorry - stock E7 heads.

I don't have the part number for E7's but Motorcraft plugs work very well though.....AWSF-32's are one range colder than the stock AWSF 42's.

Junior SCH Member
    I run Autolite 3923 which are one step colder than stock. BTW, the plugs were gapped at .028 with the stock ignition. I'm planning to install an MSD 6A. What gap does everyone run with a decent ignition? 8#s boost.
    Last edited by Trunk; 03-12-2006 at 09:15 PM.
    White 1987 Coupe
    DSS 306 shortblock
    TW heads
    EH GT-40 intake
    Novi 1000
    Stick
    etc ...

Junior SCH Member
    I ended up purchasing Autolite 24's. That's one range colder than stock. The stock #, for people's reference, is Autolite 25 for E7 heads.

I too would like to know about the gap. I bought new spiral core wires and a Crane Hi-6.

I know you can "open up the gap" but I have no idea how big it should be.

Junior SCH Member
    BTW, there are rebates on Autolite plugs for the entire year. The rebate form is here: http://www.autolitesparkplugs.com/re...ate%202006.pdf

Junior SCH Member
    You are right. The 23s are TWO steps colder than stock. I've read that most folks set the gap at about .028-.030.
    White 1987 Coupe
    DSS 306 shortblock
    TW heads
    EH GT-40 intake
    Novi 1000
    Stick
    etc ...

I run cheap autolites and I change them often. If I run expensive plugs I still wind up changing them often so I go cheap. I'm running .38 gap and 2 ranges colder. I actually think I could open them up a bit more though. Heat range and plug gaps are things you're going to have to work out on your own though. Every engine is setup differently and is tuned different. Just check them every couple of thousand miles and you'll start getting an idea of what you need.
    92 Stang LX 5-spd
    Novi1K(old), Cobra Intake, 70mm TB, 90mm MAF, 1.7rr, E-303, GT-40 heads, 30#, 190 lph, Crane Hi-6, FRPP ceramic headers, Summit H-pipe, Edelbrock RPM cat back, 3.73, MAC springs 2" drop, Megabite Jr's, F-150 crank pulley, 2.75" blower pulley, Morpheus pipe, Fidanza AFW, McLeod kevlar clutch, lots of shiny pointless stuff.
    (BlueRevenge on Stangnet forums)
    12.2 @ 114 mph (everyday street tires a few mods ago)