Thread: BBC Head Advice

Junior SCH Member

BBC Head Advice

Hello, I was wondering if i could get some advice on what heads people are running. I am building a 468 with a BDS 8-71 and decided to switch to Aluminum heads (instead of the casts i have) I am hoping to get peoples advice good or bad with what they have tried or are running. Also what you are running for Carbs (size, i have holley 750's but thinking of switching to Mighty Demon 825's)
    Also looking for any other stuff you guys/gals can share.
    Thanks for any help/info
    Canadiansmitty

Senior SCH Member
    i don't know what BBC head you have,ovel port or penut intake runner.
    the aluminum head will flow more air and is good for any performance upgrade.
    what is the intended use of the car/motor?
    blowers don't like restriction in the intake and reduces efficiency therefor the bigger the carbs the better to a given point.i have 2x850 holleys.
    other details depend on the use of the motor.
    "69"Satellite,440,8-71,996hp at 6K/983TQ at 4K,4000lbs.

Senior SCH Member
    You might want to give John Fenton a call, he is the owner of www.canfieldheads.com and can be very imformative in what you are trying to accomplish.

Chad Fisher

Senior SCH Member
    be sure to stop back and give info so others who visit can have some needed info for there aplication.
    THANKS!

Junior SCH Member
    Thanks for the info guys. After a bunch of phone calls, many hours talking & researching, it looks like I will be going with the Brodix Race-Rites. They are the simplest with being able to use all the stuff I already have. Stock exhaust height for no header problems etc. And they are also really reasonably priced. They will handle what I want to do with them & if I ever want to go crazy with my blower motor I will be able to use the Race-Rites on any of my other Big Blocks.
    Thanks
    Canadiansmitty

Senior SCH Member

thanks

thanks for stopping back.
    i am sure those heads flow pritty good and will produce some good hp.
    can you say what lift and lobe seperation cam you will get and compression?any other info,carbs[stock or modified]car weight,auto or stick,gears etc.
    thanks.
    ps,who did you research for info?