Thread: Mass Air and FMU

Junior SCH Member

Question Mass Air and FMU

Hey guys, Question. I have a 87 Stang w/ a DSS 306, GT40X heads, TFS intake Track heat, Stage 2 TFS cam, MSD, Exhaust, Nitrous works plate wet kit and 2 core intercooled P600b 11lbs.

Mass air that I have is a C&L 73mm. People say its not good for a superchager and people say it will work fine. I like the C&L and would rather keep it instead of a Pro M cause its looks and how easly it is to change if changing injectors. What do you think??

FMU. I have the FMU that came w/ the ProCharger. I have 30lbs injectors. ATI said I dont need it. Speed shops around said yes use it I need it. What do you think??

Car idles funny. It will run fine then starts surging. Any other recommendations will be helpfull as well. Thanks

Junior SCH Member
    How is your MAS oriented after the bend...I assume it's the intercooled verion. My idle sucked when I first put my kit on cause the mas was not clocked properly. Set your MAS so the electronics face the bend or face away from the bend so the air stream coming out of the last turn will be even on both sides of the pickups. If it's sideways at all your idle will jump around and some times the car will die. That's what my problem was. If that's not it or you have a draw through set up, I got nothing. Must be the tune.

Most tuners are fans of Cobra, Lightning or SCT MAS products for ease of tune.

Not sure on the FMU. My car is a 2000.

Good luck! Not much daily action on this site. Usually you'll get more answers on here via a few searches.

-Jonny
    '00 GT: Procharger P600B, SVT Focus Fuel Pump, MD Super Chip tuned by Wilson @ Dallas Mustang, Mac shifter, Long Tubes, Prochamber mid and dumped cat back. Accufab plenum, PP 75mm TB, FRPP 3:55s with support girdle, suspension, vertical doors, etc.
    P600B = 385rwhp/392rwtq

Junior SCH Member
    Thanks, I clocked it and the idle settled down a lot. I will have to mess with it a little more to fine tune it when I get a chance. Thanks again

Junior SCH Member
    It's all good. Glad it worked for you. I chased that idle issue for a couple months before figuring it out!

-Jonny
    '00 GT: Procharger P600B, SVT Focus Fuel Pump, MD Super Chip tuned by Wilson @ Dallas Mustang, Mac shifter, Long Tubes, Prochamber mid and dumped cat back. Accufab plenum, PP 75mm TB, FRPP 3:55s with support girdle, suspension, vertical doors, etc.
    P600B = 385rwhp/392rwtq