Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Complete newb in dire need of supercharger help...

Thread: Complete newb in dire need of supercharger help...

Junior SCH Member

Complete newb in dire need of supercharger help...

hello all...so for my first post...hahahaha
    I have an 03 Mach 1 5 speed with K&N FIPK II Intake, MAC O/R Pro-Chamber, 2.5" Flowmaster original 40 mufflers,and 3.5" MRT tips...
    I want to in the long run have a very safe, fast, and reliable street/drag racing car...it will not be a daily driver so to speak, i won't be driving to the store in it for milk and eggs...but I will drive it regularly to hang out and what not...I will make freeway trips of about an hour or so about every other weekend at least...and hopefully will be drag racing at least once or twice a month if I can...
    now...I don't know whether a supercharger is right for me...is a supercharger ideal for what i wanna use my car for...if I can get similar results or just really really good results with a properly set up n/a car than I might just save my money...
    what supercharger has the most potential for making the most hp for my car...and still keep the price in check...
    what should i do to build my engine up first to make it blower happy???
    so many questions...in advance, I really appreciate any and all help i can get from you good people...thanks

SC is the way to go!

Throw a blower on it, make ~12psi, get it tuned and should be almost 100% streetable even as a daily driver.

check out www.alternativeauto.com

Lidio had a mach 1 and you can read a little on his setup!. Fast a$$ car w/ most stock components. He pushed it a little furthur than what you may want but will give you and idea of what you need.
    351 "stockshort block": -Vortech T-trim (21 psi), Trick Flow Heads, Lunati Cam, Weldon fuel system, Lentech AOD., 3.55 gears, 27" Hoosier QTP's, 3500# with me

-545 rwhp
    -10.02 @ 135mph---Is 9.99 to much to ask?:freaks:
    -1.42-- 60'
    Quote Originally Posted by regattacoupe
    Since when do they let Homo's with 700rwhp that run 11's be a SCH mod? :shocked: :obscene: :D

Junior SCH Member
    I decided (for now anyways) to go with the Vortech kit for my car with intercooler...after I do all my suspension and rear end mods...then beef up the internals and make them boost happy

A question I have now is what gears would I most likely be going with...I originally wanted 4.30's for my car before the s/c talk...will that be way too tall of a gear...I'm thinking I might just be able to still do 4.30's...and if they do end up being way too tall, just either trade someone with lower gears, or just cough up the money and get something new...

I'd say way to big. Probably 3.90's would be perfect!
    351 "stockshort block": -Vortech T-trim (21 psi), Trick Flow Heads, Lunati Cam, Weldon fuel system, Lentech AOD., 3.55 gears, 27" Hoosier QTP's, 3500# with me

-545 rwhp
    -10.02 @ 135mph---Is 9.99 to much to ask?:freaks:
    -1.42-- 60'
    Quote Originally Posted by regattacoupe
    Since when do they let Homo's with 700rwhp that run 11's be a SCH mod? :shocked: :obscene: :D

Junior SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BLOWNBY
    I'd say way to big. Probably 3.90's would be perfect!
    yeah I decided to go with the Vortech kit and 4.10's for my Mach 1...guess I'll be buying new rubber every other month...hahahaha

3.90's would be awesome! I second them!
    Chris...

Current beast: 1994 Ford Mustang Cobra #379 - slated up for a windsor and some boost

Stangs and other SVT products I've owned...

2001 F150 SVT Lightning (Silver)
    JDM Stage 1 & 2 kit and 3k+ worth of audiosex
    [ sold... ]

91 Ford Mustang LX Sport 5.0
    Novi 1000 - 8" Crank Powered & Nitrous Works Powered R.I.P. Friend, it was fun! [ sold... ]

93 Ford Mustang Cobra #4549 w/an s-trim and all the goodies(Metallic Teal) [ sold... ]

#001 8" Crank Pulley Club

Frank Woodall: I would "never" trailer my car.......to me , that would be like dating a "Penthouse Pet" and not having sex with her....... :D

"ALWAYS OUT NUMBERED, NEVER OUT GUNNED"

Mustang Videos! Watch'em, upload'em and we host them at: