Thread: NOVI 1K FROM HELL PLEASE HELP!!!????!!!

Junior SCH Member

Thumbs down NOVI 1K FROM HELL PLEASE HELP!!!????!!!

I HAVE A 87 MUSTANG VERT 5.0 5 SPEED. I AM RUNNING A STOCK MOTOR WITH A NOVI 1000 ON IT. I HAVE A VORTECH T-REX INLINE PUMP AND A PAXTON ADJUSTABLE FUEL PRESSURE REGULATOR THAT IO INSTALLED OVER THE WEEKEND TO TRY AND FIX THE PROBLEM I HAVE BEEN HAVING. I PUT THE KIT ON MY CAR 1-1/2 YEARS AGO IN DENVER. CAR RAN FINE AT THAT ELEVATION, HOWEVER I BROUGFHT THE CAR TO MICHIGAN AND IT IS BOOSTING 2X MORE THAN IT WAS IN DENVER AND CUTS OUT COMPLETELY @ 3000RPM AT WOT. I PUT THE REGULATOR ON YESTERDAY AND IT RUNS UP TO 3500RPM @ 75 PSI FUEL PRESSURE THEN COMPLETELY DIES OUT....PLEASE HELP I AM ABOUT TO RIP THE BLOWER OFF AND SELL THE WHOLE MESS....

Senior SCH Member
    Do you have an ignition box? Sounds like an igniton problem. What are the plugs gapped at?
    What did you set your fuel pressure at? Are you using an FMU? What size injectors?

Eric

Eric
    89GT 392 Novi 2000 650/620 Tunned by DynotuneMP :D
    03 10th Anniversary Cobra Vert. 443/451 12.6@113

Junior SCH Member
    I am running plugs gapped at .032 autolite 24s, paxton fmu (came with blower kit), paxton adjustable fuel pressure regulator, 19lb injectors, stock ignition system. I still need a fitting for my fuel pressure gauge...so its not working yet. I am installing a msd 6a today after work ....I am hopefull as i miss my car..

Junior SCH Member
    Fuel pressure maybe too high. How do the plugs look? I'd try gapping the plugs down to .028 and make sure your exhaust isnt plugged up somewhere. Good luck.

Jay
    Last edited by Trunk; 03-28-2006 at 11:51 PM.
    White 1987 Coupe
    DSS 306 shortblock
    TW heads
    EH GT-40 intake
    Novi 1000
    Stick
    etc ...