Thread: Psi help, m45

Junior SCH Member

Psi help, m45

Hello,

I need help regarding an M45, although this is a basic blower topic. I have a M45 which is producing 10.4 psi.

The engine I am fitting it to is a 1zzfe (toyota 1.8 vvti)
    I dont want to produce over 8psi but can do a maxium of 9psi.

I know the maxium speed of the blower is 14000rpm so is this the point at which it produces 10psi?

for example

1400rpm = 1psi
    2800rpm = 2psi
    4200rpm = 3psi
    5600rpm = 4psi
    7000rpm = 5psi
    8400rpm = 6psi
    9800rpm = 7psi
    11200rpm = 8psi
    12600rpm = 9psi

Have I got this right? in which case i just change the pully wheel to get the correct ratio from the crank.

I have looked at graphs and I am sure this is the way in which it operates so it is not constantly producing 10psi.

Is there any other ways of reducing boost?

Please help so I can finish this project.

Kind regards.

Richard

Junior SCH Member
    thats the way prochargers work.

Junior SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepybu
    thats the way prochargers work.
    And the eaton i have the same problem?

But I also need the relation from the cranck pulley, I have a Nissan Mexican Tsuru 2001 model wit GA16DNE engine, like a sentra 91-94 whit engine GA16DE.

I have an Alluminium cranck Pulley from Unorthodox Racing it have 4 lines and i have to change the Eaton pulley, that's the reason because i need the relation. I want only 8 psi if the last pos its right my engine runs at 7000rpm max an the eaton needs to spin 11200 rpm.

the relation is 11200/7000 = 1.6 then i need to divide the diameter of the crank pulley with 1.6 factor and the answer was the diameter for the eaton supercharger to produce 8 psi is this right?

another interrogant was the material to make the eaton pulley, can i make it in alluminium? or the center in metal to bolt in the aluuminium pulley, i know is dificult change it, this situation make me easy the change, I hope your coments, and excuse my bad english.

Junior SCH Member
    No, the boost goes to maximum fairly quickly, it's not linear to pulley speed.