Thread: T or YSi ???

T or YSi ???

I'm piecing together parts for a friends Pontiac GTO, in order to fit a Vortech based on my own YSI setup.

Car will be forged 346 LS1, will have aftermarket heads, mild cam, headers etc etc
    Also Snow meth kit.

Target is for about 650-700rwhp through a T56.

Question is...would the T trim or a YSi be the better option ??

If both would achieve the goals, would the smaller T-trim offer any benefits
    over the YSi ??

Should also add, I assume the T and YSi use same bracketry ??

Cheers, Stevie

6 speed and street...I say get the T

The T will have some more low and midrange..while the YSI will make more top end... But at this power level...get the T

But the T wil be very nice in the 650 HP range.
    351 "stockshort block": -Vortech T-trim (21 psi), Trick Flow Heads, Lunati Cam, Weldon fuel system, Lentech AOD., 3.55 gears, 27" Hoosier QTP's, 3500# with me

-545 rwhp
    -10.02 @ 135mph---Is 9.99 to much to ask?:freaks:
    -1.42-- 60'
    Quote Originally Posted by regattacoupe
    Since when do they let Homo's with 700rwhp that run 11's be a SCH mod? :shocked: :obscene: :D

They use the same braketry on a fox body (mustang) w/ a very minor mod if and old braket,not sure for GM
    351 "stockshort block": -Vortech T-trim (21 psi), Trick Flow Heads, Lunati Cam, Weldon fuel system, Lentech AOD., 3.55 gears, 27" Hoosier QTP's, 3500# with me

-545 rwhp
    -10.02 @ 135mph---Is 9.99 to much to ask?:freaks:
    -1.42-- 60'
    Quote Originally Posted by regattacoupe
    Since when do they let Homo's with 700rwhp that run 11's be a SCH mod? :shocked: :obscene: :D

Junior SCH Member
    Give rmcr a call. 719 574 0625. They make custom brackets for ls1 cars. I have a ys on my 2000 trans am. the brackets they make are bad ***. tell them Mike from vegas told you to call. ask for mike or mark.

Thanks, I already have YSi brackets made myself, based on a Holden layout ( or Pontiac GTO )

Is the actual mount where the blower slots/bolts into the bracket the same ??

Still cant help thinking to stick with the YSi.

Junior SCH Member
    A T trim will fit where an S trim mounts. But a YSI is bigger. The bolt pattern is going to be different.