Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
S-trim supercharger $$$

Thread: S-trim supercharger $$$

Junior SCH Member

S-trim supercharger $$$

guy called and offered a brand new still in the box S-trim 'charger with all parts as shipped from summitracing, nothing ever removed from box, into 'stangs for quite a few years now, bought last fall, has receipt, said he paid over $3500 CDN. Anyone know what this is worth? was going to buy one shortly, sounds like an easy way to save some $$$.

If you could get it for 2500 cdn it would be a great deal. Just make sure its a S trim and not an SC trim. You will know because the S-trim comes with a bypass valve, metal dicharge tube, fuel pump and BTM. That blower sells most places for 2200-2300 usd I believe. The exchange is about $1.18 right now. So about 2700cdn + tax.
    1993 notch, 357W forged pistons 9.2-1 comp,Vortech S-trim 3" / 8" pullies, AFR 185 heads, Trick Flow R intake, Anderson B451 cam, PMAS 80mm, 06 PMS, 60# injectors, 3.55 gears and PA SC C4, Dual Walbro fuel system. Best ET 10.35 @ 135mph

According to Summit that kit sells for $2549:

http://store.summitracing.com/partde...5&autoview=sku

They would likely tag on about $70 US to ship it to Canada and you will get taxed on the declared value (15% in Ontario) and if it comes through UPS....get ready for a bigger hit for brokerage.

You could expect the minimum numbers to come out as follows buying from Summit:

$2549 USD for kit
    $70 USD for shipping
    =$2619 USD

x exchange of 1.18

= 3090.42 CDN
    +15% for PST & GST

Grand total of = $3553.98 CDN

Junior SCH Member
    thnx again for the input, going to make sure I need the S-trim for my combo.