Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Who here knows Doug the moderator
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who here knows Doug the moderator

Junior SCH Member

Who here knows Doug the moderator

http://www.corral.net/forums/showthread.php?t=777697

I am just trying to get what I paid for and am not trying to flame the guy too bad, I did not start the thread on Corral and was not going to. This has been going on for almost a month and I have not reveived what I paid for. If anyone can help me I would greatly appreciate it. Does anyone know him, if so can you help him out if he is unable to ship my stuff or tell him to give me my money back?

Doug is a stand up guy, I am not sure what is going on. I will contact him and see what he has to say.

Thanks.

Ian

I was thinking the same thing.....that doesn't sound like the Doug I know at all.

Give the guy I chance to respond....quite often a lot of the time when these things start to snowball it often ends up being a case where something has come up in a guys life that takes precedent over other things. I'm sure you can think of something that would have that affect as it pertains to yourself.

Authorized Advertiser
    Another person here as well. And here's another post that showed up this morning:
    http://www.corral.net/forums/showthread.php?t=778355

One of the other people waiting for parts (TimMcc) actually got a hold of him yesterday. He said they had all been shipped, and he was in Vegas.

Here's the thread I started talking all about that:
    http://www.corral.net/forums/showthread.php?t=775622

Basically about all of these threads showed up within a day or two of each other. That's when I started to get concerned.

He has been given multiple chances to respond by myself, I've left numerous PM's (Of course he didn't send the read receipt back), plus several ebay emails (my purchase was through an ebay sale) as well. Calls to his cell phone go to voice mail. Outdated address in his ebay contact information. I've given him the benefit of the doubt, but I'm at a month right now and still no axles. :(

Ebay has already been contacted, and an investigation has been started.

FWIW, I have dealt with Doug on numerous occassions one time in particular was a deal on some nifty AFR heads with 1.7 scorpion rockers and Doug went out of his way to crate the heads and ship them promptly.

-Chris
    Last edited by Goliath5.0; 04-05-2006 at 12:44 PM.
    Chris...

Current beast: 1994 Ford Mustang Cobra #379 - slated up for a windsor and some boost

Stangs and other SVT products I've owned...

2001 F150 SVT Lightning (Silver)
    JDM Stage 1 & 2 kit and 3k+ worth of audiosex
    [ sold... ]

91 Ford Mustang LX Sport 5.0
    Novi 1000 - 8" Crank Powered & Nitrous Works Powered R.I.P. Friend, it was fun! [ sold... ]

93 Ford Mustang Cobra #4549 w/an s-trim and all the goodies(Metallic Teal) [ sold... ]

#001 8" Crank Pulley Club

Frank Woodall: I would "never" trailer my car.......to me , that would be like dating a "Penthouse Pet" and not having sex with her....... :D

"ALWAYS OUT NUMBERED, NEVER OUT GUNNED"

Mustang Videos! Watch'em, upload'em and we host them at:

Authorized Advertiser
    That's what I can't figure out - numerous good deals, etc, then all of sudden 4 of us are a month out on parts, and no contact from him...

There was one occurance on the corral where he was slow on shipping something, and someone called him out on it. It then turned into a 4 page marathon thread, with a few trolls thrown in for good measure. In the end, the person got their stuff, but it was a month after purchase. I chalked it up to a fluke occurance, but it doesn't look like it was now...

Quote Originally Posted by 93Cobra#2771
    That's what I can't figure out - numerous good deals, etc, then all of sudden 4 of us are a month out on parts, and no contact from him...

There was one occurance on the corral where he was slow on shipping something, and someone called him out on it. It then turned into a 4 page marathon thread, with a few trolls thrown in for good measure. In the end, the person got their stuff, but it was a month after purchase. I chalked it up to a fluke occurance, but it doesn't look like it was now...
    I agree, something must be wrong on Doug's end, not trying to make excuses for him mind you, but Doug truly is a stand up guy and a great part of the Mustang community.

I'm sure this problem will get resolved amicably.

I'm sure our boss (Ian) will get some info or maybe Doug will show up and PM your or post up here.

Like I said, something must be going on over in his neck of the woods.

-Chris
    Chris...

Current beast: 1994 Ford Mustang Cobra #379 - slated up for a windsor and some boost

Stangs and other SVT products I've owned...

2001 F150 SVT Lightning (Silver)
    JDM Stage 1 & 2 kit and 3k+ worth of audiosex
    [ sold... ]

91 Ford Mustang LX Sport 5.0
    Novi 1000 - 8" Crank Powered & Nitrous Works Powered R.I.P. Friend, it was fun! [ sold... ]

93 Ford Mustang Cobra #4549 w/an s-trim and all the goodies(Metallic Teal) [ sold... ]

#001 8" Crank Pulley Club

Frank Woodall: I would "never" trailer my car.......to me , that would be like dating a "Penthouse Pet" and not having sex with her....... :D

"ALWAYS OUT NUMBERED, NEVER OUT GUNNED"

Mustang Videos! Watch'em, upload'em and we host them at:

Junior SCH Member
    Thanks for chiming in everyone. When I talk to him on the phone he seems like a good guy. Maybe there is something going on with him and hopefully this does get resolved.

Authorized Advertiser
    x2

Yeah I've always known Doug to be a standup guy, so it's unfortunate to hear you guys are having problems with him shipping stuff. I've learned a lot doing online deals, and you can get burned on both ends. Always use paypal, if people don't ship your stuff within 2 weeks, get paypal to reverse the charges, that is what they get paid to do with their surcharges. Lastly always get tracking numbers if you are on the selling side. The one time I shipped an academic book overnight without a tracking number, it somehow gets lost in the mail system. I have no recourse, and some dude back east claimed he never got it surprisingly after a week had gone by. That is 1 week after I told him it would be there. I have no proof he did or didn't get it without a tracking number, and the post office wouldn't do **** since I didn't get insurance or have a tracking number. So I was out 60 bucks. So always get a tracking number if you are on the sellers side. You have no recourse with cashiers checks and money orders, so just don't use em.

Junior SCH Member
    There are a lot of people going ofter this guy. He needs to get some things straightened out as he is screwing over many people right now. I just dont understand some people.
    I used paypal as well as the others, so I think (hopefully) they have our back, but Im not counting on it. This guy needs to make right with quite a few people.

Authorized Advertiser
    Yep, I was contacted today through ebay, by SOMEONE ELSE who got burnt on the same set of wheels you did, Tim. I gave them links to the threads...

Junior SCH Member
    As more days go by the burnt are finding out there are a lot more. So add us to his list. This dude is nothing more than a thief.

Very strange. I am not trying to be weird here but I wonder if he has died? Someone should find out his last name and call his house to a least talk to a member of his family. Doug always seemed to be a good guy so this is very odd indeed.
    ----------------
    Rock n Roll :p

Authorized Advertiser
    Nope, he hasn't died. Tim actually spoke to him one day last week. His name is Doug Whitworth, and the only phone number we have is a cell. We are slowly getting more information on him, though...