Thread: Help me figure out what to do with this combo

Junior SCH Member

Help me figure out what to do with this combo

Hey guys,
    I'm currently putting my 93GT together for the track since I'm done with the street thing. I ran a P600B on an AFR headed 306 with a TKO before. Now I put together a Dart Eagle 347 with ported Vr Jr heads, Super Vr intake (EFI), Cogged YS trim with an A/W intercooler in the passenger footwell. I have 3.73's now but have a set of 3.27's ready if needed. I'm running a 10" weld with 28/10.5's ET Drags but plan on running some type of DR in 28".
    I built a C-4/C-5 manual VB (no brake yet)tranny for it with the good stuff inside.
    Right now I have a turbo cam in the motor since I was headed that way. This blower came at a good price so I jumped on it. I have to remove the cam and get a new one with other pats, which lead me to my dilema...

I'm not sure what cam specs I should look for, injector size I'd need, what gears I should run, What converter brand and stall I should get, what header size I need.

I have a Gen 6 I've been playing with and will probably use it until I get the time and funds for a newer system and find a good reliable tuner to help me out with it in my area.

I'm hoping for 750rwhp and mid 9's. Is this possible with what I have so far? What do you guys all suggest for the rest of my parts? It's a strip car with weekend street runs.

I'd appreciate any and all opinions.
    I'm just about to give up and part it out if I don't get help.
    Thanks
    Dave
    My site
    1954 F100 = 400/C-6
    93GT = 5.0 & SF feature Nov 05 p60

Don't do business with these bastards/ripoffs:
    Eric Emco from RI
    Tran Ho from FL

Quote Originally Posted by Dave R
    Hey guys,
    I'm currently putting my 93GT together for the track since I'm done with the street thing. I ran a P600B on an AFR headed 306 with a TKO before. Now I put together a Dart Eagle 347 with ported Vr Jr heads, Super Vr intake (EFI), Cogged YS trim with an A/W intercooler in the passenger footwell. I have 3.73's now but have a set of 3.27's ready if needed. I'm running a 10" weld with 28/10.5's ET Drags but plan on running some type of DR in 28".
    I built a C-4/C-5 manual VB (no brake yet)tranny for it with the good stuff inside.
    Right now I have a turbo cam in the motor since I was headed that way. This blower came at a good price so I jumped on it. I have to remove the cam and get a new one with other pats, which lead me to my dilema...

I'm not sure what cam specs I should look for, injector size I'd need, what gears I should run, What converter brand and stall I should get, what header size I need.

I have a Gen 6 I've been playing with and will probably use it until I get the time and funds for a newer system and find a good reliable tuner to help me out with it in my area.

I'm hoping for 750rwhp and mid 9's. Is this possible with what I have so far? What do you guys all suggest for the rest of my parts? It's a strip car with weekend street runs.

I'd appreciate any and all opinions.
    I'm just about to give up and part it out if I don't get help.
    Thanks
    Dave
    Well i'm assuming since it's a track only car you're going with a solid roller valve train. There's no off the shelf cams out for SBF's for forced induction in solid roller. You'd have to order a custom cam which IMHO is you're best bet anyway. Also the last thing you should buy is a custom converter. This is some of the best money i've ever spent on a car. Personally I like Coan but everyone has thier fav's. Tell them what you have and what you want the converter to do. Headers should be around 1 3/4"-1 7/8" to a 3" primary. Since you have gen 6 i'd get no smaller than 72# injectors.

Should be a bad *** ride!

FWIW I've had my car tore down for 3 years and I fell your pain. I should have my new setup going within a month.
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

Junior SCH Member
    Actually I will be running a hydraulic setup. The heads are already setup for it since it was originally going to be a 50/50 car. It has a turbo cam in it from Cam Motion now and I'm going to take it in the shorts trying to sell a $290 cam that's never seen a mile of use or a minute of run time. Too bad turbos and blowers weren't alike in their cam requirements. I'm not going to spin it past 7000 but would like to use it up to there so I was wondering if one of the Anderson High Rev cams were worth it or are they sacrificing something to obtain the rpms?
    I have the VIC with my Gen 6 and figured 72's or 84's would work. I'm seeing 1000hp cars run 72's so I should be good to go. I've got a great fuel system so it's up to whatever injectors I get.

I hardly ever drove the car as it was but at least I had the option. Good luck on your startup. Hope it goes well.

Thanks
    Dave