Thread: Update

Senior SCH Member

Update

I spent last weekend installing the rear end. The beast now has a Strange 9" rear end with 35-spline Tom's Kick-*** axles. The wheels are the new M/T ET Drag rims, and the rear is sporting a 30 x 12.5/15 ET Street (if you look closely, you can see where I trimmed the front half of the well to get the tires in). I still have to take care of the front end. For the moment I'm just going to slip some 1/2" aluminum spacers under the K-member so I can get the car mobile (steering shaft/oil pan clearance issues). But in about 4 weeks I should have an AJE K-member with 1.5" dropped steering shaft mounts arriving. By that time, I hope to have just about everything else finished. It's slow, but it is moving forward.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    David

'03 Mach 1 (Fun)
    '88 GT Hatchback (Fun squared)

SCH Member
    Things are looking good.

Looks good man!

Ian

Senior SCH Member

Thanks Guys

Did I forget to mention how much I hate installing rim screws? This time around, I had two heads snap off on me (which has never happened before). At least they snapped before mounting the slicks! Talk about a pain in the butt - when the head is off, it easily doubles the install time to carefully drill those buggers back out.
    David

'03 Mach 1 (Fun)
    '88 GT Hatchback (Fun squared)