Thread: How does this setup sound??

Junior SCH Member

How does this setup sound??

Hey guys,
    I'm currently putting my 93GT back together and swapped plans in the middle. I was setting it up for turbo, but the turbo setup I had was too small for the motor I built. I sold the turbo and got a deal on a YS trim. I can't decide if I want to put a new cam in it instead of the turbo one I have now. I'm going with an 85-88mm turbo setup as soon as I gather all the parts (in about 3 years). The YS will go on another project or get sold then.

The current motor is a Dart based, forged 347 with ported Vr Jr heads, Super Vr EFI intake with Wilson elbow. I have a built C-4 with 3.73's or 3.27's and will be running 28" tires. I will be running 72 or 83# injectors and it'll be controlled with a Gen 6 for now. Not sure on a convertor yet.

I have a passenger side YS trim with a 30 tooth blower/72 tooth crank pulley setup and a spearco A/W intercooler.

The cam I have in it now is a Cam Motion custom with the following specs....

lobe separation 114.2
    valve overlap 4.3
    intake centerline 110.1
    intake duration 234.6
    intake lift 564

exhause centerline 118.1
    exhaust duration 230.1
    exhaust lift 551

How do you guys think I'll do with the YS trim as far as numbers and will this cam? It's an 85-90% track car since it only gets driven on the street about 400-1000 miles a year. I would hope it could hit 9's with over 550 rwhp.

Any input and constructive criticism is welcome.
    Thanks
    Dave
    My site
    1954 F100 = 400/C-6
    93GT = 5.0 & SF feature Nov 05 p60

Don't do business with these bastards/ripoffs:
    Eric Emco from RI
    Tran Ho from FL

on a blower car you generaly want a little more duration on the exhaust than the intake...id put a different cam in it...
    dale@swillracing

Junior SCH Member
    Just found I'll have to open it up anyways. The distributor won't go in because the oil plug in the block hits the gear. I have to pull it apart, pull the plug and shorten it some. The cam's right there so I'm getting a new one when I can.
    Any idea as to what it'll put down for numbers?

it should make 750 to the tire with no problem...id save yourself the hassle and do the 160 injectors now.......then youll never have to worry about it...
    dale@swillracing

Junior SCH Member
    I've considered the 160's, but heard of many people not being able to tighten up the pulsewidth on them for an idle. I run the Gen 6 with the VIC so I don't know if I can adjust them down in the programming and more in the dials. Haven't played with it much yet. I could get them and try. Just may.

750 sounds good enough to me. I was hoping for 700 or more.

Thanks for the info.
    Dave

Motor will definitly make some big power.

Go w/ what's been said and get another cam for a blower!
    351 "stockshort block": -Vortech T-trim (21 psi), Trick Flow Heads, Lunati Cam, Weldon fuel system, Lentech AOD., 3.55 gears, 27" Hoosier QTP's, 3500# with me

-545 rwhp
    -10.02 @ 135mph---Is 9.99 to much to ask?:freaks:
    -1.42-- 60'
    Quote Originally Posted by regattacoupe
    Since when do they let Homo's with 700rwhp that run 11's be a SCH mod? :shocked: :obscene: :D

Quote Originally Posted by Dave R
    I've considered the 160's, but heard of many people not being able to tighten up the pulsewidth on them for an idle. I run the Gen 6 with the VIC so I don't know if I can adjust them down in the programming and more in the dials. Haven't played with it much yet. I could get them and try. Just may.

750 sounds good enough to me. I was hoping for 700 or more.

Thanks for the info.
    Dave
    yeah...i never thought of that......i know if it was a gen 7 or a bigstuff or fast it wouldnt be an issue...
    dale@swillracing

Junior SCH Member
    I'm in the market for a cam now. No sence in putting the money into it just to settle on a $300 part because I want to get cheap now.
    I'm sticking with the Gen 6 until I can find a tuner that has a specialty in one setup and helps me out with it. I also have a fund problem with a new born and a 16 month old to handle so my $600 setup works fine.

Blownby, What size rims do you have them 27's on? I'm considering the QTP's since the 28's are rubbing on the fenders and ground effects.
    I have 10" Pro Stars with 28/10.5's now and they swell up and rub at higher RPM's. Do they stick comparable to an ET Street?

Thanks guys
    Dave

Blownby, What size rims do you have them 27's on? I'm considering the QTP's since the 28's are rubbing on the fenders and ground effects.
    I have 10" Pro Stars with 28/10.5's now and they swell up and rub at higher RPM's. Do they stick comparable to an ET Street?

Thanks guys
    Dave
    I have run them on an8", but 10 would be better. They will hook as good if not better than the ET street. I got hiogh 1.4x's and another buddy was running mid 1.4x's on them!

They are very nice tires!
    351 "stockshort block": -Vortech T-trim (21 psi), Trick Flow Heads, Lunati Cam, Weldon fuel system, Lentech AOD., 3.55 gears, 27" Hoosier QTP's, 3500# with me

-545 rwhp
    -1.42-- 60'
    Since when do they let Homo's with 700rwhp that run 11's be a SCH mod? :shocked: :obscene: :D

Junior SCH Member
    Awesome. I just got a buyer for the ET Drags. I'm going to get a set of the QTP's and be able to drive on the street as well as hook. If they help me to a low 10 to high 9, I'll be happy with them.
    Looks like you have a stout setup there. I hope you have an antiroll bar now???

Do you guys know what would need to be replaced to put a solid roller in the motor? I believe the cam and lifters are it, right? Unless the springs need to be replaced as well.
    Thanks
    Dave

yes,defintly springs also....
    dale@swillracing

Awesome. I just got a buyer for the ET Drags. I'm going to get a set of the QTP's and be able to drive on the street as well as hook. If they help me to a low 10 to high 9, I'll be happy with them.
    Looks like you have a stout setup there. I hope you have an antiroll bar now???

Dave
    Yeah, I got the anti roll bar in late last year and makes a huge difference in how the car launched. Never used it w/ the QTP's just my 26" slicks.

You will like the QTP's as they are very close to a slick!

-545 rwhp
    -1.42-- 60'