Thread: Asking for trouble?

Junior SCH Member

Asking for trouble?

How much trouble am I asking for to put cog pullies on a standard V-1 S-Trim? Car is more for cruising/showing with an occasional pass down the track.

TIA,
    Lems

I wouldnt. The vibrations from the cog belt are not good for the bearings. I know people have done it so really it's your choice. You could try it and if you like it send it back to Vortech for the HD bearing upgrade.
    1993 notch, 357W forged pistons 9.2-1 comp,Vortech S-trim 3" / 8" pullies, AFR 185 heads, Trick Flow R intake, Anderson B451 cam, PMAS 80mm, 06 PMS, 60# injectors, 3.55 gears and PA SC C4, Dual Walbro fuel system. Best ET 10.35 @ 135mph

I say NO....Why would you want to do this on a street car, with very limited track time?

What kind of boost are you seeing and what size pullies now?
    351 "stockshort block": -Vortech T-trim (21 psi), Trick Flow Heads, Lunati Cam, Weldon fuel system, Lentech AOD., 3.55 gears, 27" Hoosier QTP's, 3500# with me

-545 rwhp
    -10.02 @ 135mph---Is 9.99 to much to ask?:freaks:
    -1.42-- 60'
    Quote Originally Posted by regattacoupe
    Since when do they let Homo's with 700rwhp that run 11's be a SCH mod? :shocked: :obscene: :D

Junior SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BLOWNBY
    I say NO....Why would you want to do this on a street car, with very limited track time?

What kind of boost are you seeing and what size pullies now?
    I like the look of cogs. I am only driving the car 1-1.5K miles per year. 8# with 6.87" & 3.33"

Absolutly no reason to buy cogs then.

But if you really like the look and want the headaches of thrown belts until you get it figured out, (alignment and brace), chances of burning or craking your hood, spending $$$$ on the belts, and not really having the bearings in your SC designed for the cogs as well, go for it!;)

So yes I say your looking for headaches for only a little appearance diff!.
    351 "stockshort block": -Vortech T-trim (21 psi), Trick Flow Heads, Lunati Cam, Weldon fuel system, Lentech AOD., 3.55 gears, 27" Hoosier QTP's, 3500# with me

-545 rwhp
    -10.02 @ 135mph---Is 9.99 to much to ask?:freaks:
    -1.42-- 60'
    Quote Originally Posted by regattacoupe
    Since when do they let Homo's with 700rwhp that run 11's be a SCH mod? :shocked: :obscene: :D

Junior SCH Member
    Thanks for the input guys!