Thread: D1SC Rubs Valve Cover ... Bracket Issues?

Junior SCH Member

D1SC Rubs Valve Cover ... Bracket Issues?

Hi Guys,

I have 383 Small Block Chevy and I was installing my D1SC kit this weekend. I found that after installing the Head Unit Bracket onto my cylinder head and then trying to bolt up the D1SC head unit to the bracket, the side of the head unit rubs up against my valve cover, just enought to keep the holes from lining up correctly (about 1/4" off) ...

The valve covers are the Edelbrock "tall" valve covers and the Head unit hits on the side of the valve cover, not the top...

I was told of a spacer that procharger makes (part # AB007A-085) but I couldn't find anything on it...

Anyone ever have this problem?

thanks,
    TIM

SCH Member
    You can notch your valve cover, get shorter valve covers, or use the repositioner bracket somebody gave you that part number for.

Junior SCH Member
    Are you familiar with this repositioner bracket? I'd like to speak with someone who has actually used one before I go that route, just to make sure it will work.

thanks

Junior SCH Member
    I had the very same problem regarding tall valve covers, except with a 502. I looked very closely at different manufacturers and found a tall valve cover that didn't have squared off corners like the edelbrocks. It depends on your wallet and how/if the repositioner effects the geometry of your setup.

SCH Member
    One of the techs at ProCharger emailed me a picture of it. You could just call them and ask them to email you the picture. I think it was Shannon that emailed me the picture.

Junior SCH Member
    I've called them twice now and asked for a fax or e-mailed picture of this offset bracket dohicky ... Every time they say that there not able to do so.... :evil:

Could you e-mail the picture to me?

My e-mail is classic_time@hotmail.com

Thanks,
    TIM

SCH Member
    E-mail sent

Junior SCH Member
    Thanks ... I appreciate it!

Junior SCH Member
    Have any of you ever used this offset bracket... I'm curious as to if my belt will need to be changed if I just offset the main bracket by 1/2" to 1" to right...