Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Belt routing - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Belt routing

Does this help? Opps if you use this you might need to run dead pulley-just saw that

Just pull the trigger and let it go,, This will work
    trust me

Junior SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by saleen_n_around View Post
    I do it like this....using a ribbed 4 ccyl idler pulley on a welded 5.0 tensioner and rotate it to adjust belt tension. I also use a 93 Cobra W/P pulley

Saleen, can you explain more on the welding of the tensioner. I can't use the stock tensioner? It seems if you use the stock tensioner it the spring load is going down, not up?

Junior SCH Member
    Here is what I did to my car. removed a/c and smog. Movec Alt. to the a/c location. Mounted idler arm/pulley upside down so it pulls up on the belt. works great.

Junior SCH Member
    more

Junior SCH Member

Junior SCH Member
    last one,,

Junior SCH Member
    Though it is not as nice/clean as the other cars posted, i like the balance the alternator gives the vortech

Junior SCH Member
    bluevert, thanks for your setup. Is that the idler bracket supplied from Vortech? It looks like it has spacers ( you put it in front of main S/C bracket?)

Quote Originally Posted by bluecouperedvert View Post
    Though it is not as nice/clean as the other cars posted, i like the balance the alternator gives the vortech

Junior SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by onetrkpny View Post
    bluevert, thanks for your setup. Is that the idler bracket supplied from Vortech? It looks like it has spacers ( you put it in front of main S/C bracket?)
    it is. I got the spacers from Loews. they are 1" long 2 on each bolt. Also got the longer bolts from Loews. the a/c bracket is also spaced out 3/4" you can see the shinny nuts that i used. Its also a 3g alt. from a 94/95 mustang. i had to open the radius of the a/c bracket so the alt. would sit flush and drilled a new lower hole. The belt is 54" long.

Junior SCH Member
    Looks like if you use the 4cly. idler arm you would not need to do my crazy flip of the 5.0 idler arm. But the spacers and bolts are only a couple of bucks.lol you can also see where I clearanced the a/c bracket to clear the idler pulley.

Junior SCH Member
    I've seen this posted many times in other sites/posts. Its fine, except we're asking for a setup for SUPERCHARGED setup. The alternator is NOT in the location as diagrams show below.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldfox View Post
    Does this help? Opps if you use this you might need to run dead pulley-just saw that