Thread: YS trim with cogs, what brackets are needed?

Junior SCH Member

YS trim with cogs, what brackets are needed?

So I have heard different things on this. I have a passanger mount YS trim that I plan on runnings cogs on. I was told that the stock brackets would be OK due to the fact I won't be cranking on it like I would be with a serp. set-up. Is there any truth to this? What do you guys think?

True they are ok>

But often time people throw belts due to either:

-slightly off pulley alignement
    -or braket flex as RPM's increase

You have to test and see. You may need a brace to keep the blower from moving!
    351 "stockshort block": -Vortech T-trim (21 psi), Trick Flow Heads, Lunati Cam, Weldon fuel system, Lentech AOD., 3.55 gears, 27" Hoosier QTP's, 3500# with me

-545 rwhp
    -10.02 @ 135mph---Is 9.99 to much to ask?:freaks:
    -1.42-- 60'
    Quote Originally Posted by regattacoupe
    Since when do they let Homo's with 700rwhp that run 11's be a SCH mod? :shocked: :obscene: :D

Oh FWIW...if you decide to stay serpentine.

I have a 10 rib 8.6 crank pulley for sale. That way you can run a big 3.33 or so upper pulley on the YS and still make big boost w/ little to no slippage and not have the cog headaches.

That is why I had the pulley made!

What pullies do you have now and what kind of boost?
    351 "stockshort block": -Vortech T-trim (21 psi), Trick Flow Heads, Lunati Cam, Weldon fuel system, Lentech AOD., 3.55 gears, 27" Hoosier QTP's, 3500# with me

-545 rwhp
    -10.02 @ 135mph---Is 9.99 to much to ask?:freaks:
    -1.42-- 60'
    Quote Originally Posted by regattacoupe
    Since when do they let Homo's with 700rwhp that run 11's be a SCH mod? :shocked: :obscene: :D

Junior SCH Member
    I have the 8 rib set-up now. I will stuffing this 371ci with as much boost as it will take. I don't mind getting a brace thats bo big deal, it's the $$ for new brackets that I don't like.

Quote Originally Posted by blowthru371
    I have the 8 rib set-up now. I will stuffing this 371ci with as much boost as it will take. I don't mind getting a brace thats bo big deal, it's the $$ for new brackets that I don't like.
    I have some plastic brackets for sale. They should be sufficient for a blow thru car!:laugh:
    1986 Ford Mustang- 363 ysi-trim... Full weight, STREET DRIVIN!
    9.36@149.7 with 17 lbs of boost

2001 Ford F-150 Lightning

Junior SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BOSS LX363
    I have some plastic brackets for sale. They should be sufficient for a blow thru car!:laugh:
    How about them pullies? Your car is EFI so it will be making so much power you won't need them.:obscene: