Thread: Hey guys! Supercharger suggestions please!

Red face Hey guys! Supercharger suggestions please!

Hello boys and girls :)

I'm new to this forum and pretty much new to the supercharger world at large, I have mostly been into turbocharging before... But beeing a performace car enthusiast I ofcorse know my way around cars and tools!

Now the deal is i bought myself a VW Golf VR6 Syncro (2.8L engine) and I want to supercharge it! A friend of mine is about to roll out his VR6 twin turbo so i have got to find a way to keep up with him :) And before i dig myself into all the diffrent blowers out there i thaught i'd check here if anyone can point me in the right direction first. I know about the vortech and rotex charger, but what else is there in that size? I'ts kinda cramped in the enginebay so it has to be something in that size...

To point out, i'm not interested in a model specific kit! I just want a good and reliable supercharger. Brackets, mounts, tubeing and all this stuff will be custom made.

Regards from Sweden
    Swedish mayhem // www.dahlbackracing.com

welcome !
    ----------------
    Rock n Roll :p

Thanks dude :)

Not sure what all is available for your car, but it's hard to beat Vortech's!
    351 "stockshort block": -Vortech T-trim (21 psi), Trick Flow Heads, Lunati Cam, Weldon fuel system, Lentech AOD., 3.55 gears, 27" Hoosier QTP's, 3500# with me

-545 rwhp
    -10.02 @ 135mph---Is 9.99 to much to ask?:freaks:
    -1.42-- 60'
    Quote Originally Posted by regattacoupe
    Since when do they let Homo's with 700rwhp that run 11's be a SCH mod? :shocked: :obscene: :D

I just bought myself a brand new Vortech V2 SQ S-Trim CCW (2E129-040) on ebay. for $1350 :) Since this is the exact supercharger used by C2 motorsport in their VR6 kit it couldnt be better! I am now a lucky man :D

That blower will make some serious boost on that little motor!

Great price.....hopefully not to good to be true deal!
    351 "stockshort block": -Vortech T-trim (21 psi), Trick Flow Heads, Lunati Cam, Weldon fuel system, Lentech AOD., 3.55 gears, 27" Hoosier QTP's, 3500# with me

-545 rwhp
    -1.42-- 60'
    Since when do they let Homo's with 700rwhp that run 11's be a SCH mod? :shocked: :obscene: :D

I did a google search on the kompressor code and found that the same guy had posted a "for sale" thred on a vw forum. But at that time he wanted $1700 for it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/New-V...67221545QQrdZ1

I'll start with pretty low boost and take small steps from there. The vr6 motor can handle quite a beating and is proven to work well with forced induction.My firend dyno'd his twin turbo vr6 to 348hp at 21psi of boost without any detonation with basicly a stock motor.

I guess you know more about this charger than i do. I just happend to spot it on ebay, read and verified that it is the exact charger used by C2 Motorsport (respected by vw foks). Do you know where I can get detailed information about this charger?

Senior SCH Member
    There are guys using that blower on Mustangs making 600rwhp at the rear wheels. It is very versatile and appears to be efficient across a wide range of applications. The blower is a great unit and you won't have any issues with durability.
    Chris
    9.05@152 with a T-Trim on BFG Drag Radials
    NMCA SR6381

-545 rwhp
    -1.42-- 60'

RSNovi: Sounds Super! :)

BLOWNBY: Yeah I'v read that but i whas thinking more like compression maps and so on...
    EDIT: I overlooked the maps, sorry.