gt-40 intake w/65mm tb
    s-trim (6lbs)
    SCT MAF
    UPR Power Pipe
    SCT custom tune
    mac unequal length headers
    bassani OR x-pipe
    mac cat back

I want to swap my Bassani OR X pipe with a catt'd Mac H-pipe to try and quiet the car down a bit.

How much power do you think I will loose by doing this?

Junior SCH Member
    You know Long tubes will quiet the car down as well. In any case I would guess 10-20 rwhp.
    1989 Mustang GT...GT40 Irons, Edelbrock, Performer, TFS Stage 1, BBK LT, O/R X, Dynomax Ultra Flows, A1000 inspired fuel system, T-Trim 3.00"/6.87" 12#s...502 rwhp 466 rwtq

2002 Camaro Z/28..MTI lid, SLP 2OTL Catback...330 rwhp 345 rwtq

Senior SCH Member
    You could always put a little more boost to it and make up for any power loss.
    Chris
    9.05@152 with a T-Trim on BFG Drag Radials
    NMCA SR6381

Also maybe try some magnaflow mufflers. Very smooth idle with cats.
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

92stanglx
    Quote Originally Posted by RSNovi
    You could always put a little more boost to it and make up for any power loss.

It's funny that you should mention that b/c I also installed a power pipe at the same time :D

Well, I put my mac h-pipe with cats back on and the car is definitely quieter. No more raspy scream. I haven't really gotten on the car yet as I installed a power pipe and need to go for a re-tune on Tuesday. I will post of before and after power numbers. Although It won't be an apples to apples compare as my 1st tune was done on a dynojet and this one will be a Mustang dyno.

Quote Originally Posted by regattacoupe
    Also maybe try some magnaflow mufflers. Very smooth idle with cats.
    I plan on changing my exhaust setup when I install my panhard bar. I think I will go with the dynomax setup as I still want to have tail pipes out the back. What do you think of the dynomax with the bassani x-pipe? Will it be quieter than the bassani/mac combo? I'm not looking to go too quiet. I just don't want inocent bystandards to stare in terror as I roll through their neighborhood :D

Senior SCH Member
    I run the Bassani X-pipe and Dynomax bullets. Nothing really quiet about it. It is more raspy then deep with this setup. The Bassani x-pipe is top notch quality.
    Chris
    9.05@152 with a T-Trim on BFG Drag Radials
    NMCA SR6381