Thread: Hot Blower

Junior SCH Member

Hot Blower

after the burnout at the dragstrip I had to open the hood (small oil fire from breather) and found the blower (s-trim vortech) VERY hot. is this normal? any thoughts about the cause? the burnout only lasted less than 30 seconds, and i cant really imagine it causing that much heat. the motor temp was less than 160 the blower has a 3.33 and the stock crank pulley. any ideas would be appreciated

Rich

Junior SCH Member
    does the supercharger make excess noise? maybe bearings?

i run my oil supply for the supercharger through a cooler before running it to the supercharger.....it dropped the s trim surface temperature by a good bit

its probably always gonna be hot though!
    Last edited by Bossy 70; 07-10-2006 at 11:13 PM.

92stanglx
    After driving it for a while mine feels hot. Dunno if this is normal but the car runs fine.

Junior SCH Member
    Mine always is roasting hot. Ive put bags of ice on the blower and discharge and had the plastic melt through and dump the ice everywhere. Works like a champ hot or not though.
    1989 Mustang GT...GT40 Irons, Edelbrock, Performer, TFS Stage 1, BBK LT, O/R X, Dynomax Ultra Flows, A1000 inspired fuel system, T-Trim 3.00"/6.87" 12#s...502 rwhp 466 rwtq

2002 Camaro Z/28..MTI lid, SLP 2OTL Catback...330 rwhp 345 rwtq