Thread: Turbo build update

Senior SCH Member

Turbo build update

I know - not exactly a supercharger anymore; but I thought some of you that have followed my build would enjoy some updated photos. So far I've done most of the work myself (quite a bit in the last 5 days in fact). The exception is the turbo and associated plumbing, which was handled by Josh Deeds - I was quite impressed with his work.

But enough of the idle chit chat - here are the goods...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by David Schwarz; 07-04-2006 at 09:43 AM.
    David

'03 Mach 1 (Fun)
    '88 GT Hatchback (Fun squared)

Wow David looking good!! Keep up the good work.

Ian

Junior SCH Member
    Brandon like.

Senior SCH Member
    Thanks for the props gentlemen! I have to say that this is really hard work, particularly for a one man job. I can't tell you how many times I've had to repeat my labor - for instance, last night I had to undo the entire rear end to install new shocks (QA-1) and LCAs (WRC). One things for sure, I'm getting much better at wrenching on Mustangs.

If I can ever solve some of the other "minor" issues in my life, I'll re-learn how to host my own web page so that I can assemble a "history" of the build.
    David

'03 Mach 1 (Fun)

Looks good man,keep it up!
    1995 Mustang GT- Dart 331 twin turbo...... http://www.cardomain.com/ride/267384/10
    1991 Mustang LX- EFI 351....soon
    Stangtuning.com

Nice.....

So give me some details on the motor and turbo....

I too am going turbo next year as well!:guess:
    351 "stockshort block": -Vortech T-trim (21 psi), Trick Flow Heads, Lunati Cam, Weldon fuel system, Lentech AOD., 3.55 gears, 27" Hoosier QTP's, 3500# with me

-545 rwhp
    -10.02 @ 135mph---Is 9.99 to much to ask?:freaks:
    -1.42-- 60'
    Quote Originally Posted by regattacoupe
    Since when do they let Homo's with 700rwhp that run 11's be a SCH mod? :shocked: :obscene: :D

Senior SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BLOWNBY
    Nice.....

So give me some details on the motor and turbo....

I too am going turbo next year as well!:guess:
    The motor is a 351W Dart block stroked to 401 ci with all forged internals and zero balance crank. Heads are AFR225, and the intake is a Victor Jr. out of the box (I'm worried it will be too restrictive, and will probably have it ported over the winter). The heads had exhaust porting, because I originally planned to stay with a S/C. I now have 1 7/8" primaries to match the exhaust ports (custom fabricated by Josh Deeds at Deeds Performance in north LA). This all feeds an 85mm turbo (class restriction for True Street in PSCA) that was again built at Deeds. Exhaust exits through a 5" downpipe that dumps just behind the front bumper.

I'm sure there's plenty more I can tell you (or that I forgot) - feel free to ask away and I'll share what I can.
    David

'03 Mach 1 (Fun)

Just cam info, RPM's planned and tranny?
    351 "stockshort block": -Vortech T-trim (21 psi), Trick Flow Heads, Lunati Cam, Weldon fuel system, Lentech AOD., 3.55 gears, 27" Hoosier QTP's, 3500# with me

-545 rwhp
    -1.42-- 60'
    Since when do they let Homo's with 700rwhp that run 11's be a SCH mod? :shocked: :obscene: :D

Senior SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BLOWNBY
    Just cam info, RPM's planned and tranny?
    I've been running a powerglide for two years, and had a more stout assembly prepared by Mike's Transmission (he's a VERY nice guy to work with). I plan to rev this motor to 7500 (solid roller/shaft rockers). PM me for cam specs :guess:
    David

'03 Mach 1 (Fun)

Thanks! I don't need cam specs as I plan on custom grind and hope to get by on a HR!

Good luck with the rest of the build!

-545 rwhp
    -1.42-- 60'