Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
which supercharger

Thread: which supercharger

Junior SCH Member

which supercharger

Here is what my setup will be with the supercharger.

358 chevy little M block,
    oliver 6.25 billet rods
    LAE Billet 3.295 stroke crank
    AFR 220cc comp package heads with extra porting 2.10, 160 valves
    motor is currently 14.7:1 compression (118 octane) and runs a 6.29 1/8th on a 100 shot.
    car weighs 3200 lbs with driver.
    I am planning on rebuilding the motor with 9.0:1 compression and running 30 lbs of boost with an air to air intercooler (17" by 12" by 6") and water injection.
    I dont know if I should run the F2 or F3M procharger. I would assume that the F3M would run cooler because of its lower operating speed, which is appealing. The motor will have around 500 hp on 9:1, and the F3M is recommended for a motor with an NA hp of 550-800 hp. Is is going to be a problem if I am a little shy of that number? What will the effects of that be? My goal is 1500 hp at the motor, Which one would you say would be better for my application, and what would the drawbacks of either one be.

Thank you
    Adam

Junior SCH Member
    I think you will be fine with the F2.

Mine is on a ford motor
    370ci stock stroke motorsport W block with some slightly ported Victor jr heads 210cc with some port work it is 8.5to1 compression.
    I have about the same size intercooler air-to-air
    The F2 is under pullied on my setup 77lower and a 48 tooth upper
    it makes between 24-27psi @ 7400rpm with the air filter on and I have seen 30psi @ 7700rpm

Here is some more pics in here
    http://www.nloc.net/gallery/album.php?id=678
    Last edited by Justin 95L; 11-08-2004 at 10:05 PM.

Junior SCH Member
    Cool, and thanks alot for the reply. Have you ever had your car dynoed or ran at the track? Your setup looks good. Is the intercooler infront of the radiator? how well did that fit? Also, what fuel do you run, and does the air to air intercooler work ok with that fuel? (no detonation?)

Thanks alot
    Adam

Junior SCH Member
    Well it is in a 95 ford lightning it fit pretty good had to move the radiator back 2" for some clearance. I run sunoco maxamal 116 I have not dynoed it it has been to the track I am still fine tuning some things but it has been 9.42@144 and 6.05@ 117 in the 1/8 My truck weighs 3700 with me in it. that was leaving at 3400 rpm on the 2-step I am slowly working my way up on the transbrake.

@ 26 lbs of boost I am running 23 degrees of timing and the truck is set up pretty safe

Junior SCH Member
    Thanks for the info. Your truck runs really good especially considering the weight. One other thing, have you ever had your heads flowed? if so what were the numbers?

Thanks,
    Adam

Junior SCH Member
    No I have not had them flowed they came with 210cc intake runners and I ported them myself but did not flow them.

Now that is one bad bolt! ;)
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

Junior SCH Member

which supercharger

Hi,I am thinking about upgrading from my T60p flexview to a W510. I would like to know which screen is comparable to the quality I get with my flexview.Thanks,