Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Just installed SN-2000 (GEN ??)

Junior SCH Member
    so asking both of you generous motor heads............ do you both think that 2 breathers t-d together to the atmosphere like F=MA mentioned will be enough? i know one of you think so

NMNOTCH
    what should i do with my pcv coming from the intake mani.? i kow leave it on, but reroute it or just leave it? maybe i missed interpre what you said.

ALso i just looked at my pcv valve on the driver side, and...... it has a small piece of hose coming off of the pcv going right back into the mani next to it.... is that RIGHT????

thanks so much guys
    Last edited by BlownT/A; 08-01-2006 at 08:19 PM.

Junior SCH Member
    I think f=ma and I are on the same field we just misunderstood eachother, is there any way you can post a picture this might make it a little easier to explain.
    STOCK BLOCK 347 AFR 185'S EFI SPYDER 11:1 MIGHTY MIGHT C4 11.01 @ 122 NA 10.05 @132 1.40 60 FT
    FORMER PMS INTERACQ
    AEM EMS

Junior SCH Member
    yup ill be sure to get one on tomrrow morning, it just doesnt look right to me if its supposed to release crankcase pressure, why send it back in to where you just pulled it from? kinda odd.

Senior SCH Member
    Why tee them together? It's coming out of the same crankcase. Just put a push in in each VC and see what happens. Don't run extra hoses you don't have to.

If you do this you can block off the intake manifold PCV because you are now breathing out through the VC push ins.

Am I clear yet? Lets try Ascii2 :) :

---T----__________----T-----
    I________________________I
    I______________________I
    I___________________I
    I I
    I I
    L________________]

--- = Valve covers

T= push-in breather

___ = intake manifold and engine block

Engine is viewed from the front end, looking along the VCs.

F=MA

Senior SCH Member
    Crap! HTML reformatted my engine!

The pic Notch puts in post 30 shows a single brether setup like I describe. Put one on the other VC too and yer set.

F=MA
    Last edited by F=MA; 08-01-2006 at 10:19 PM.

Junior SCH Member
    I think there is one on the other side too, hard to see but hoped for the basic idea, Ditto with the picture F=MA thats great:laugh:
    STOCK BLOCK 347 AFR 185'S EFI SPYDER 11:1 MIGHTY MIGHT C4 11.01 @ 122 NA 10.05 @132 1.40 60 FT
    FORMER PMS INTERACQ
    AEM EMS

Junior SCH Member
    hey that was a real good illustration!!!!!!!!!! i got what your saying, im still working on the pics of the pcv, im at work right now so itll be a bit