Thread: Power Pipe for an 01 Cobra

Junior SCH Member

Power Pipe for an 01 Cobra

I have a PSC1 with an 8lb pulley on my 2001 Cobra. Does anyone make a Power Pipe for this set up? The stock intake pipe looks restrictive, plus I would like to get the air filter into the fender. I know this will take some trimming, but it should be well worth it. I though about trying Anderson's pipe they make for the Vortech, but I don't want to spend the money if it won't work. Let me know what you think.

Junior SCH Member
    I am 80% into a "hack" job because I could not find a PowePipe for our setups (99 or 01 should be the same). Has been a PITA.

But, I just got this response today from someone on this forum. I don't know anything about the product or quality. But give this a look and maybe a call. Here is the link. This is for our setups!!!

http://www.wmsracing.com/wmsweb/tubes.htm

Good Luck, BRO!!

See my before and afters picks of the power pipe in the GEN CHAT section. You are making the right move, I am hoping to get 2-3 PSI with the power pipe and hopefully 50 RWHPs. The current setup is like a small straw attached to this power sucking machine.

John
    99 Mustang Cobra
    P-1SC, 10 PSI
    Soon to be a D-1SC, 15 PSI

Junior SCH Member
    That's perfect! I have been on their website before and I knew they made a lot of NA stuff. I've heard good things about their products, so I will give them a try if it's not too much $$. I'm currently putting forged internals in my motor so it would be a good time to do this as well. Thanks for your help.

Junior SCH Member
    If you do it let me know how it works out and how much it costs. Good luck with your mods!!

I will post my DYNO numbers once the filter arrives. What I have is an Anderson Power Pipe that is "tailored" to fit on the P-1SC, not the best route so I would not recommend, but I am too far to switch back now.I wish I had seen this WMS power pipe before I started. Well at least you got the word!! Good luck again....

John

Junior SCH Member
    I've ordered the WMS pipe, it's $249.

Robert
    00gt D1SC
    400RWHP
    379RWTQ

11.7 @ 119
    7.5 @ 93

Junior SCH Member
    I have the WMS and picked up 2-3lbs

Robert