Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
would this be worth it?

Thread: would this be worth it?

Junior SCH Member

would this be worth it?

anyone here running an intercooler with their SN? What kind of performance gain do you think there would be if someone were to somehow make brackets to mount an SN92 on the passenger side, run a custom front mount cooler, use a 3.75 pulley, and an oil cooler on the charger? This is on a mustang with H/C/I.

SCH Member
    I have a FMIC on my car with a SN-92 right now, the unit have a cooler, I loose like 2psi with the FMIC but the air that gets to the engine is so cold! I get 6-7psi after the TB with it. I never tried to have it piped directly so I cant tell you the gain to expect... and my car is FWD so...

Senior SCH Member
    have you looked into DIY water injection? Using the paxton water injection system with the addition of a sur-flow pump makes the water injection awsome. Also, a PAC Alky controller will allow you to titrate the water injection in relation to boost.

http://www.alkycontrol.com/

using the water injection allows you to retain all the boost you produce with a cool charge. Probally cheaper than an intercooler, you just have to keep an eye on the level of water in the resivor.

Junior SCH Member
    I did alot of research on the snow performance kit awhile back. I had a Thunderbird SC that was making about 18lbs of boost, but was using the stock intercooler.....so it was basically a major heat pump. I don't really like the idea of having to refill the reservor all the time. Knowing me, I would forget....it would run out...and that would be the end. I just think it would be cool to mount an SN on the driver side, blowing through an intercooler. I have a friend that is more than willing and able to make all the bracketry and tubing.

SCH Member
    If you plan on doing more street than track, I would go with the FMIC. If you do only track than alky is great but dont forget to fill it up ;)

www.mrzperformance.com
    If you have any question, PM or email me at sales@mrzperformance.com

My GTZ http://www.cardomain.com/ride/494899/1

Paxton SN-92 (VR4 on the way) :blob:

Senior SCH Member
    yea, I understand the concern of having to fill the resivor, but remember, water has one of the higest absrobtion of heat per btu than any other substance period! done correctly ( sur-flow pump and the controller and voltage set accordingly), it can help you increase HP a ton! just refill the resivor every time ya get home. I used to have a 50/50 mix of alky/water in a 5 gal jug in my garage.

Senior SCH Member pavement pounde's Avatar
    I use a 150 psi coolingmist waterinjection and use my windscreen washer jar.
    And it does not use a lot of water, it only uses when in boost.
    Mine does see a lot of short bursts of boost but even then I need to fill up twice a year
    Greets, Marco
    '91 Chevy 496SS, Edelbrock Pro-flo 2 injection, alu. GMPP heads, blowercam, coolmist water injection, turbo in the works.
    *VIDEO* http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZOdXg0TOdw