Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Guage reading???
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Guage reading???

Junior SCH Member

Guage reading???

ok this is on my 94 t/a with the sn-2000. WHen im at idle the guage stays at 0 and doesnt read any vacuum, i know that because of where the guage is hooked up to (after the blower on the intake piping) but when im set at 75 on the e-way my boost guage is reading 1 or 1.5 psi. is something wrong? Should i hook the guage up somewhere else?

SCH Moderator "SN Guru" speedytang's Avatar
    Your not building boost till your at a accelerated condition. WOT. Not sure why your even showing any boost if your at a set 75mph unless your tipping into the throttle or the back pressure from the throttle blades being closed is causing a pressure condition in the intake tube. I always tap my gauge in after the throttle blades to get a true boost reading that the engine is getting.

Junior SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BlownT/A
    ok this is on my 94 t/a with the sn-2000. WHen im at idle the guage stays at 0 and doesnt read any vacuum, i know that because of where the guage is hooked up to (after the blower on the intake piping) but when im set at 75 on the e-way my boost guage is reading 1 or 1.5 psi. is something wrong? Should i hook the guage up somewhere else?
    You need to put the vaccuum line going to the gauge from a manifold vaccum source, not between the blower discharge and the throttle body.
    STOCK BLOCK 347 AFR 185'S EFI SPYDER 11:1 MIGHTY MIGHT C4 11.01 @ 122 NA 10.05 @132 1.40 60 FT
    FORMER PMS INTERACQ
    AEM EMS

Junior SCH Member
    yeah thats just where the guage was hooked up in the previous owners car. Im working on getting a smog pump from a 94 z28 so when i hook that up to relieve my crankcase pressure ill move the guage also. I havent been able to go WOT throttle yet due to the pressure and the car kinda stops making power at 3/4 throttle. Havent hooked up the paxta fueler yet. Think thatll fix that problem?

Junior SCH Member
    yeah thats just where the guage was hooked up in the previous owners car. Im working on getting a smog pump from a 94 z28 so when i hook that up to relieve my crankcase pressure ill move the guage also. I havent been able to go WOT throttle yet due to the pressure and the car kinda stops making power at 3/4 throttle. Havent hooked up the paxta fueler yet. Think thatll fix that problem?

You shouldnt have that much crankcase pressure something is still wrong, did you figure out the breather issue, the smog pump as a vaccumm pump is going to require some mods, . I have ran high 20psi with 1 breather on each valve cover and not had blowby issues.
    STOCK BLOCK 347 AFR 185'S EFI SPYDER 11:1 MIGHTY MIGHT C4 11.01 @ 122 NA 10.05 @132 1.40 60 FT
    FORMER PMS INTERACQ
    AEM EMS

Junior SCH Member
    well i have the 2 breathers one on each side, they still have oil on the edges of them when i open the hood, havent hooked up any hoses to them so i know when they drip and hit the headers. DAMN that smell. Also my car idles kinda high when its in park, almost 1300rpm or so, then when in gear its around 1k. What mods will i need to run the smog pump? in the paxton installation manual it has a smog relcation mod and says its needed for MAF cars. I have the kit just need the smog pump. And it seems pretty simple from the manual says.

i dont think im having blowby issues, its just the oil is dripping from the breather due to it not having hoses attatched.

Senior SCH Member pavement pounde's Avatar
    LT1's are known for a little blowbuy, nothing serious they just do.
    Better get the crankcase under vacuum.
    Did you use a bov or blowoff valve ?
    Greets, Marco
    '91 Chevy 496SS, Edelbrock Pro-flo 2 injection, alu. GMPP heads, blowercam, coolmist water injection, turbo in the works.
    *VIDEO* http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZOdXg0TOdw

Junior SCH Member
    it does have a greddy blowoff valve on the intake after the blower, then the hose goes back down to the intake between the maf and before the blower. SO you think that i should have the vacuum pump?

either that or a hose to your airfilter tube witch looks easyer to me.
    Greets, Marco
    '91 Chevy 496SS, Edelbrock Pro-flo 2 injection, alu. GMPP heads, blowercam, coolmist water injection, turbo in the works.

Junior SCH Member
    well i have the 2 breathers one on each side, they still have oil on the edges of them when i open the hood, havent hooked up any hoses to them so i know when they drip and hit the headers. DAMN that smell. Also my car idles kinda high when its in park, almost 1300rpm or so, then when in gear its around 1k. What mods will i need to run the smog pump? in the paxton installation manual it has a smog relcation mod and says its needed for MAF cars. I have the kit just need the smog pump. And it seems pretty simple from the manual says.

i dont think im having blowby issues, its just the oil is dripping from the breather due to it not having hoses attatched.

Yes if you don't have a baffle in the valve covers or in your breather you will get a little oil splash from the rockers. Usually you want to try to place the breathers in between the rockers not directly over them as this will eliminate a direct shot of oil spraying into the breather.
    FORMER PMS INTERACQ
    AEM EMS

Junior SCH Member
    i may have not done that right when i added the extra breather on the driver side. Oh well ill get another pair someday soon. as for the falling on its face after 3/4 throttle.......... im thinking that superfueler with the 2 bar map is the issue. Any help? doesnt fall on its face but its feels like its not making power after that, car screams up until that

i may have not done that right when i added the extra breather on the driver side. Oh well ill get another pair someday soon. as for the falling on its face after 3/4 throttle.......... im thinking that superfueler with the 2 bar map is the issue. Any help? doesnt fall on its face but its feels like its not making power after that, car screams up until that
    You defenitly have to install the superfueler and the tripple injector plate, I thought you already did that.
    Be careful now, you are running lean at this moment at wot ! even with the bigger fuelpump.
    Greets, Marco

Junior SCH Member
    thats what i thought too, i havent went over half throttle other than the day i put the blower on. Im not willing to risk anything. The superfueler came with the paxton kit, so does that mean it has a preset setting on it to start with? i checked out the blowerworks site and it doesnt say, just says how to tune and adjust and what to watch for. Also that should be something that i can do in a few hours right? Thanks for the help guys

i don't know how to set the superfeuler.
    I think you have to learn as you go, try to find something through Google or this forum : http://web.camaross.com/forums/index.php at the forced induction section.
    Greets, Marco

Junior SCH Member
    yeah i got the how-tos from the blowerworks site and all i needed to know on the site, im just wondering about the factory setting or if the setting that the guy had it one before me will work till i can have it tuned. I drive this car quite often so i dont want to hook it up and have it run like crap