Thread: P1SC installation time

92stanglx

P1SC installation time

How long should it take to install a P1SC system on a '99 Mustang GT? I am fairly mechanically inclined but have never worked on mod-motored cars.

Junior SCH Member

installation time

Prochargers website says about 8-10hrs for the intercooled system and 4-6 hrs for the non intecooled.
    http://www.procharger.com/faq.shtml#9

92stanglx
    Thanks for the reply. I'm trying to get an idea of people's real world experience. The guy I'm buying the kit from says it took him 3 1/2 hours. This seems pretty quick for installing an intercooled blower kit.

Junior SCH Member

installation time

Well maybe that guy could show you how its done in 3 hrs??:laugh: Personally, it usually takes me about twice as long as the company says it takes lol. Im still trying to figure out if i should put a D1SC non intercooled system on my motor. Its a 10/1 compression 383sbc. The company told me if i put a charger on a higher compression motor, i may run into detonation problems. This is a street car, and would like to have it live awhile, unlike the nitrous motors i have had in the past,lol. Any ideas?

92stanglx
    Quote Originally Posted by chevys
    Well maybe that guy could show you how its done in 3 hrs??:laugh: Personally, it usually takes me about twice as long as the company says it takes lol. Im still trying to figure out if i should put a D1SC non intercooled system on my motor. Its a 10/1 compression 383sbc. The company told me if i put a charger on a higher compression motor, i may run into detonation problems. This is a street car, and would like to have it live awhile, unlike the nitrous motors i have had in the past,lol. Any ideas?
    I'm the same way. If they say a day it usually takes me two. I'm not sure I would supercharge a 10:1 motor. The compression seems a bit high. Usually 9:1 compression is where you want to be. 9.5:1 max. You may be able to get away with 10:1 with enough fuel and a proper tune but you would be pushing things a bit.

I would go with a moderate shot of NOS if you want to make a bit more power. Either that or change out the pistons and drop the compression of the motor.